dont seem interested

went out for the fist time today with my 6 month old lurcher ferreting shes steady around ferrets no problem there .thing that concered me was that she didnt seem interested one bit in the rabbits that were bolting.shes naturally laid back but she seems to lack any drive . just worried that she wont chase when i get her on the lamp.just wondered if some lurchers wont chase and catch or will it just click one day any advice on what to do next woukld be great shes collie/grey x wheaton/grey its first time today that she seen a rabbit cheers lads

personaly i wouldnt start working mine till a year

i would agree 100% mate. bez get someone from the forum to take you out and keep your dog on a lead and let it see its purpose in life they are plenty good lads on here sure someone will help , keep the head up it will come :thumbs:

another good thing to do would to take her to puppy classes, it is a good thing to do with gettin the dog socialized so she gets used to every thing befor you work her. sorry for the spelling by the way

Edited by prohunter
Guest smashygadge
let the dog develop still only a baby :wallbash: give it time

develop i had mine ferreting at 6 month he loved it .try it with another dog mate

have you give it a taste of the old blood lol but if all else fails probably a late developer it will click if it is out of good stock :thumbs:

let the dog develop still only a baby :wallbash: give it time

develop i had mine ferreting at 6 month he loved it .try it with another dog mate

have you give it a taste of the old blood lol but if all else fails probably a late developer it will click if it is out of good stock :thumbs:

Sound advice, your pup will learn from the more experienced dog. Be patient with your pup, personally I would wait until at least 12 months old, concentrate on good training :)