how long will frozen boiled rabbit last

Guest bigredbusa

we are going to start eating rabbit over chicken now as we eat a lot of curries , now im going to get a big old boiling pot so i can do a few at a time and pick the meat off the bone .

question : once picked off the bone , is it ok to freeze and roughly how long would it last ?

cheers

Why not just make the curry up from scratch with the raw meat BRB?..........it will take on a better flavour.

Then freeze that.

Thia red curry with a few prawns to sweeten is VERY nice with rabbit :victory:

I've a great big pan that I can get 18 rabbits in, I set it off in the morning on the rayburn then take it off at tea time, then when cool I pick the meat off and freeze it, then you can use it for allsorts, plus it takes up less room in the freezer.

Why not just make the curry up from scratch with the raw meat BRB?..........it will take on a better flavour.

Then freeze that.

Thia red curry with a few prawns to sweeten is VERY nice with rabbit :victory:

Thats what we do wilf ,spice seems to taste stronger too.

Thats what i was saying in my post really, much better and easier.

all the best

why not just butcher the rabbits and freeze the different cuts raw - so you cook it raw and cook it once, it'll work better as you'll get less tied of the same taste / texture of meat that'll you'll get if you "boil the bunnies"... plush you can still boil up the stripped carcasses with a few onions , carrots, spuds and celery to make a great white meat / veg stock that you can freeze in beakers for easy use :) just my two bobs worth anyway :)

Guest bigredbusa

we have been eating it like that but the meat is a lot more tender if boiled first . plus after seeing some of them tapeworm cysts lately i think i want to boil for 2 hours lol

I've a great big pan that I can get 18 rabbits in, I set it off in the morning on the rayburn then take it off at tea time, then when cool I pick the meat off and freeze it, then you can use it for allsorts, plus it takes up less room in the freezer.

The thing with me is that I'm a stew and pie man, I don't like currys or owt like that so this method suits me.