Brian Plummer Lurcher

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my partner knew Brian well. as close friend of his nick Mitchell, had fathom for a while he said she was a fair bitch for ferreting. i believe he did a little bit of lamping with her, then took her b

If anyone has the book of her in it can they take a look and let me know what it says of her. He ( Brian ) has her as Alsation X, and it seems to be in the book.

Thank You by the way Juckler for all the info,- very interesting.

:thumbs:

If anyone has the book of her in it can they take a look and let me know what it says of her. He ( Brian ) has her as Alsation X, and it seems to be in the book.

Thank You by the way Juckler for all the info,- very interesting.

:thumbs:

Page 77 in "Merle" says she is a daughter of Penguin. She looks very slight in the pics.

In the book ''Merle'' one of Brian's freind's had an Alsationx that was the same age as Merle, i'm fairly sure he never actually owned or bred Alsationx's, even though he had some top bred Alsation,s on his premises.

In the book ''Merle'' one of Brian's freind's had an Alsationx that was the same age as Merle, i'm fairly sure he never actually owned or bred Alsationx's, even though he had some top bred Alsation,s on his premises.

That was Terry Aherns Rusty, a collie x.

plummer discribed penguin, fathoms dam as a mongrelly type of beast in the book diary of a hunter and goes on to say he contemplated disposing of fathams blood-line and keep a pure breeding collie/greyhound bloodline but did not want to part with fathoms family as they were true lurchers,sagacious,cunning and great providers ,also saying in merle the start of a dynasty she was a kannechor~a chicken thief, hope this helps :victory::icon_eek::victory:

plummer discribed penguin, fathoms dam as a mongrelly type of beast in the book diary of a hunter and goes on to say he contemplated disposing of fathams blood-line and keep a pure breeding collie/greyhound bloodline but did not want to part with fathoms family as they were true lurchers,sagacious,cunning and great providers ,also saying in merle the start of a dynasty she was a kannechor~a chicken thief, hope this helps :victory::icon_eek::victory:

I'm not sure which book it is, either modern ferreting or rogues and running dogs, but he says that Penguin was a 3/4 bull grey. Then in another he says she was a mongrel, see what I mean about them being bred different depending which book you read. In Merle he says he was an indifferent rabbiter and bloody useless on hares so why start a line from him unless it was a colour or ego thing like his terriers.