what vehicle

thinking of getting a 4x4 to get across my shoots easier ( getting on a bit now :whistling::whistling: ) i know this may have been asked before, but just wondered what type of vehicles all you other hunters use, pehaps i can get some ideas on what to get for myself :icon_eek: No serious off road work, just across fields and along farm tracks (quite rutted in the wet )

Cheers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking of getting a 4x4 to get across my shoots easier ( getting on a bit now :whistling::whistling: ) i know this may have been asked before, but just wondered what type of vehicles all you other hunters use, pehaps i can get some ideas on what to get for myself :icon_eek: No serious off road work, just across fields and along farm tracks (quite rutted in the wet )

Cheers

I have a Nissan X-Trail, excellent on road and excellent off road IF you change the boots, otherwise useless off road! The Sat Nav is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard...bit of a tarts motor really...but hey...I like it....suspect you may get better help/advice if you post here....

4x4's, Quads & ATV's

:thumbs:

Guest fell terrier

Cheers

I have a Nissan X-Trail, excellent on road and excellent off road IF you change the boots, otherwise useless off road! The Sat Nav is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard...bit of a tarts motor really...but hey...I like it....suspect you may get better help/advice if you post here....

4x4's, Quads & ATV's

if you want cheap try and find either an old sj suzuki or a subaru pickup with a tidy set of tyres it will go anywhere without spending a fortune or a hilux best of luck with what ever you choose

Cheers

4x4's, Quads & ATV's

if you want cheap try and find either an old sj suzuki or a subaru pickup with a tidy set of tyres it will go anywhere without spending a fortune or a hilux best of luck with what ever you choose

a cheap hilux or dihatsu fourtrak, will do the business for you or maybe a discovery 300 tdi............cheap also.......

most people will sasy get a l200 or a navara or sum thing along the lines but if you ask any one whos had a defender 90 compeared to one of them jap things theres no contest not saying that jap stuff dosent do the job its just a defender can do any thing the jap stuff dose but with less haste

Defender 90

Not the best looking, not cheepest, not the most economical, not the most comfy, not the most practical etc.

JUST THE BEST.

Why?

It just is alright...

I aint going to repeat my self

post-14246-1218395834_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattydski

I've got a Shogun 3.2 with BF Goodrich A/T's, fantastic vehicle for crossing fields etc. Plus very reliable, I have done 75,000 in mine I know of some with well over 175,000 on the clock which have not had any prob's at all. Can't say the same for my last 4 vehicles all Land Rovers. That said, if you're good at fixing vehicles yourself (I'm not) a Defender or Disco 300 would do the job. A friend of mine has put BF Goodrich A/T's on a Suzuki Jimny, it's amazing where that thing will go now. Good luck with your search.

Can't beat a suzuki Jimny. Small (1.3 litre) engine so won't cost much to run. Full 4x4 transfer box and really light, so with a decent set of tyres will go even where the big 4x4's can't. Only downside is lack of boot space but if you're travelling alone or even with a companion, just fold the back seats down.

Good luck choosing.

Can't beat a suzuki Jimny. Small (1.3 litre) engine so won't cost much to run. Full 4x4 transfer box and really light, so with a decent set of tyres will go even where the big 4x4's can't. Only downside is lack of boot space but if you're travelling alone or even with a companion, just fold the back seats down.

Good luck choosing.

thats what ive got, does the job well, i even managed to get the model with the aircon, result..

cheap tax, insurance & fuel.. :thumbs: