from meat to dry

All i do is get your rabbit gut it pop it into a poly bag and into the frezzer .then the day before you need it take it out to defrost you dont have to handle the rabbit just the poly bag if we go anywhere my sister in law feed's the ferrets .The hardest bits getting them out the frezzer for the next day

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i do is get your rabbit gut it pop it into a poly bag and into the frezzer .then the day before you need it take it out to defrost you dont have to handle the rabbit just the poly bag if we go anywhere my sister in law feed's the ferrets .The hardest bits getting them out the frezzer for the next day

This is what we do when we have to leave ours too... makes it easier for our friend to feed.. just have to remember to get it outta the freezer the night before lol

! i've seen a ferret lose .5kg because it refused to eat what was given .

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: .......5 kg............5!!!!..........are you on fecking drugs!!.......lol

My terrier is 7 kg..............!!

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: .......5 kg............5!!!!..........are you on fecking drugs!!.......lol

for someone who insists people READ posts well.. you sure dont... it says...

.5kg as in 1/2 ... or aproximately a pound ?????

you beat me to it, was going to point that out too, maybe you should have typed it as 500g for those needing specsavers :whistling:

been away in spain twice this summer, mother in law looked after dogs , and 13 ferts, i never have fed dry ,

big court with 4 jills , big hutch with 2 hobs, and a hutch with mother and babys, freezer has all the ferret food, in seperate bags for each hutch , easy peasy .

evry morning mother in law gets a bag out the freezer, leave to defrost , feed last thing at night, simple.

You've got a decent Mother-in-law TOMO, Mine Fecking hates me. :thumbdown:

it lost a pound ? wonder how it would of got on in the wild ... 'nope im not eatin that ' lol was it a worker ? or pet ?

it was a worker... but had always had meat... wanted to switch to kibble though to fill in spaces in between.. which i can get on board with .. i like to leave mine with kibble all the time... they ignore it mostly.. and wait for dinner which is whole rabbit lol etc...

had the stubborn idea just like others.... it wont go hungry... it'll eat the kibble if its hungry enough...

well in the end it didn't.. eventually it DID eat the kibble... but i sure dont want my workers losing a pound mid september just before hunting season....

as i've said before..

just because its the easy answer... doesn't mean its the best one

Edited by lorelei0922

you beat me to it, was going to point that out too, maybe you should have typed it as 500g for those needing specsavers :whistling:

lol Stubby.. i'm a silly american ... i thought i was doin good just with the kg reference... until i moved here 2 yrs ago .. you coulda told me 1kg was 1,000 lbs ... and i'd have believed ya !