I need a bit of help?

Hey all,

this is my first post so hi to you all.

I need a bit of help. Im looking to buy my first rifle i have decided on either a Weihrauch Hw95K or a Hw97K.

I have been looking at alot of past sales and some current sales of both these types of rifle and i would like to know have these rifles been reissued in different years like are the older rifles different from the new ones?

For example if i bought a HW95K that was 3 years old would i see any difference from one that was only 8 months old same with the HW97K

I just dont want to get ripped off buying an older model of the same rifle thinking its the most current.

Thanks

Firstly, welcome to the forum, Big Dave! :D

There is no difference when it comes to age. Weihrauch are pretty good at keeping everything public. If they change a rifle it'll have a new model number.

If you buy either of these rifles you'll get an A1 piece of kit.

New rifles will have a 12 month warranty and you'll know they're legal and haven't been tampered with. Second hand rifles will be cheaper but condition will vary considerably, buyer definitely beware here, you could have a bargain or a piece of scrap...

Firstly, welcome to the forum, Big Dave! :D

There is no difference when it comes to age. Weihrauch are pretty good at keeping everything public. If they change a rifle it'll have a new model number.

If you buy either of these rifles you'll get an A1 piece of kit.

New rifles will have a 12 month warranty and you'll know they're legal and haven't been tampered with. Second hand rifles will be cheaper but condition will vary considerably, buyer definitely beware here, you could have a bargain or a piece of scrap...

Thanks for the welcome and the super fast reply.

I have been considering a new one its just when you add up everything from rifle, scope, case/bag and pellets just for starters it gets a little expensive.

But like you say i get a brand new rifle with 12 months on it.

alittle more saving maybe.

Which is prefered the HW95K or the HW97K?

:thumbs:

Personally I like the HW97K but they're basically the same rifle. One has an underlever cocking mechanism (HW97K) and the other is a break barrel.

They're both superbly engineered and as accurate as you can hope for with a springer.

I see what you mean about costs but if you're buying one of these rifles you'll use it for a very long time.

Ok great, still not sure which i will get maybe go down to the range and see if any of the lads will give me a wee shot.

im not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but you have just convinced me to buy new (im sure my local gun shop will be happy) :yes:

Well this has been a great welcome to the hunting life i have had more help and success here in half an hour than i have had on some other forums

:toast:

Hey all,

this is my first post so hi to you all.

I need a bit of help. Im looking to buy my first rifle i have decided on either a Weihrauch Hw95K or a Hw97K.

I have been looking at alot of past sales and some current sales of both these types of rifle and i would like to know have these rifles been reissued in different years like are the older rifles different from the new ones?

For example if i bought a HW95K that was 3 years old would i see any difference from one that was only 8 months old same with the HW97K

I just dont want to get ripped off buying an older model of the same rifle thinking its the most current.

Thanks

i own a 97k which have owned since new now nearly 4 years old still killing cleanly at 35-40 yards only part it has ever required was a small rubber seal (less than 2 pound). top quality gun and as powerful as you will get without FAC

I don't think you'd be dissapointed in either, I have the 95k and it's really good, I've put a 12 ftlb venom (now V-mach) kit in it :thumbs: ,

post-17194-1217499352.jpg

clean kills 35-40 yards .I bought mine new, but knowing Weihrauch and how the're made would definitely consider secondhand.

i bought my 95 second hand from a gun shop 4 years ago. i also have a AA s400k. And i use the 95 more than the s400. The 97 is a very good gun but is a tad on the heavey side. See if you can try both guns and then make your mind up. you will not be dissapointed with a weihrauch solid built guns that will last a long time.It may be worth considering a venom tuning kit at some time in the future. As they make a hell of of difference very smooth with hardly any recoil.

I had the 95k but just recently upgraded it was a mint good accurrate smooth and quiet for a springer if you get a silecer for it...clean kill's bunnys at 35-45 the furthest i killed at with it was 45 yards go for the hw95 mate you wont be dissapointed

I don't think you'd be dissapointed in either, I have the 95k and it's really good, I've put a 12 ftlb venom (now V-mach) kit in it :thumbs: ,

clean kills 35-40 yards .I bought mine new, but knowing Weihrauch and how the're made would definitely consider secondhand.

Hey thanks all for the great and fast replies.

This is the first time i have herd about a venom kit (is it the kit that is now called V-mach?)

What benifits does one of these bring?

And more importantly does it take me over 12ftlb (i know it says 12ftlb above so presumming it wont but want to be sure)

How much does it cost? And can i fit it myself

The most recent version of the 95K has a barrel that's 3 inches shorter than the previous version, so there has been a relatively recent update, other than which, the mechanics are the same. Have a look at the pic's on the BAR website.

With a V-Match kit running at around £65 I wouldn't be inclined to fit one till a new gun has got a few miles on the clock.

If you're planning on hunting, go for the 95K as the 97 is a bit heavy for lugging round all day

Mine has a longer silencer than yours? That seems to vary in the 95ks? Howcome your wood is much lighter? Looks really good, did you do that yourself? If so how did you do it? Looks good!

Edited by JackReid