hunting pictures and terriers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackntan

them coons are fiery fookers they use there front paws like hands , they can inflict some serious damage to terriers , ive never heard of them going that deep before, do easy jet fly to finland

from what read about racoondogs,they are not a big test for a terrier as they dont really fight back, they go into shock and collapse, even their heart rate slows down so much that the dog thinks they are dead, im no expert but thats what ive read about them

Edited by dev

Raccoondogs live here in badger and fox sets in winters. Raccoondog is different species than Raccoon. Some Badger sets are here very deep and there could live these three predator at same time (raccoondogs, fox`s and badgers).

Like i said when the terrier was in 8,3m deep, we did not started to dig, just wait that the terrier come out of the set.

Edited by raippa
from what read about racoondogs,they are not a big test for a terrier as they dont really fight back, they go into shock and collapse, even their heart rate slows down so much that the dog thinks they are dead, im no expert but thats what ive read about them

Yes, you are allmost right, raccoondogs are much more "soft" predator to terrier than fox or badger . However raccoondogs fight back when terrier tryes to "hunt" it out of set.

Guest blackntan
SORRY DR BELLAMY THOUGHT ARE FINNISH FREIND HAD JUST USED THE WRONG NAME , RIPPA ARE THEM COONDOGS IN THE MUSTIVLI FAMILY OR CANNINE WHAT SAYS YOU DR FROGGIT

I think you nearly always presume someone else is wrong :feck:,glad you found Google or similar to have a little search too :thumbs: :noteworthy:

NOPE DOCTOR FOGIT JUST OLD ENUFF TO KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE QARRY I PERSUE THE NORTH AMERICAN RACOON IS A FIESTY FOOKER ONLY HE LIKE BARNS AND BALES AND GROWS TO A BIG SIZE IN THE MID WEST 25 TO 35 POUND, IVE NEVER HUNTED OVER THERE BUT AM IN CLOSE CONTECT WITH PEOPLE WHO DO AND LIKE TO HAVE THE CRAIC WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE DR FOGITT ONLY ASKED WHAT FAMILY THE COONDOG WAS FROM AS I DID NOT KNOW GIVE ME THE BENNIFIT OF YOUR KNOWLIDGE AND TELL ME

cheers mate the lurcher in the left side photo i was giving away 2 weeks ago but nobody wanted him like i said in the posts he will dig anything out perfect for rats dont know about the charlies byt wouldnt put it past him hard as nails goes through barbed wire to get what he wants only 21 ins tts what more can you ask not the best ferreting dog destroys rabbits decided to put him on rats cheers for the comments mate :victory:

dont look like an arm chair hunter to me cheers for the pics what terriers do you dig to pal

No, I was referring to the 1st reply to raippas post........them boys certainly do get out and dig some game :thumbs: