lamping with a shotgun??

this may sound like a stupid question...if you have acess to farm or pravate land which is in the middle of no ware, can you mount a touch under your shotgun and shoot it at night?? e.g. rabbits etc? anyone do this?

Edited by JOE BLOCKY

It does work well but can 'annoy' the neighbours

Used to help our keeper two shot one lamped (all walking)had over 2000 one autumn!

Was easier off the 4wd and more ground covered but if you want exercise then walk!

Edited by masmiffy

Not a common thing to do, but perfectly legal and mounts available as has been said.

I avoid using the SG during the hours of darkness, simply because the noise can travel for miles, tend to stick to the rimmy or centrefires (all moderated) at night.

But it's up to the individual and the situation! :thumbs:

I've got a Mossberg 500 12g with a fully moderated barrel. It gives the best of bothh worlds, all the fun of shotty lamping with the noise of moderated rifles. I have a new G12 PHantom moderated .410 due tomorrow and can't wait to get out with it.

:gunsmilie:

I've got a Mossberg 500 12g with a fully moderated barrel. It gives the best of bothh worlds, all the fun of shotty lamping with the noise of moderated rifles. I have a new G12 PHantom moderated .410 due tomorrow and can't wait to get out with it.

Moderated SG's are becoming more available but I've never used one.....are they good..moderation wise, what about balance???

Moderated SG's are becoming more available but I've never used one.....are they good..moderation wise, what about balance???

i got a 12g single barrel moderated hushpower with subsonic cartridges it does the job on rabbits out to 30 yards at least and doesnt really damage the meat for the table.also use it for foxes with normal super sonic cartridges and it still greatly reduces the sound.hadles fine once you get used to it.

I asked this question once before however I am really interested in how quiet a 12g hushpower with subs is?

Most of my pest control is done with a .22rf with subs as I am surrounded by Newmarket race horses.

CBW

Not a common thing to do, but perfectly legal and mounts available as has been said

That cant be right because the last time i went shooting at night with a shotgun i was chased for fecking miles by a bunch of weirdo's shouting stop police :whistling: