Hey all,

Found this place after doing some research into ferreting on google.

A bit about me; I'm 22 and from Warrington, UK. About 18 months ago a friend of the family a few doors down from us got a Harris Hawk. I was fascinated. I was even more fascinated when he started flying it and even though it was still young and unexperienced, I loved watching the chases as I'd never really done anything like that before.

I wanted one. I wanted to get out into the open and hunt but unfortunately, my work takes me away from home quite often. So...... I got the next best thing about 6 months ago. 2 Ferrets. They're a bag of fun, they come into the house every night and are well looked after, and now I'm confident with them I wanted to get a little experience ferreting before my friends bird finishes it's molt and hopefully they'll be a great team.

Sunday morning was my first attempt at ferreting, I understand that it isn't the time of year and I soon realised why when out. Overgrowth made it very difficult and it was public land too, there were loads of rabbits but every warren which was open had nobody home. All the warrens which the rabbits ran to were behind brambles and nettles. It was great to get out into the fresh air, in the middle of nowhere. I'm not even interested in taking them home. I just want to catch them, take one for the ferrets and one for the Harris Hawk then the others can go free as I think it's great fun!

Anyhow, that's a bit about me. I'll stick around, hopefully learn a few things.

Cheers,

Danny