When A Baby's Born In Your Family .....

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Cheers for that, peeps. No, it was just the silver coin I was looking for. Interestingly, this is a seemingly cross cultural custom then. It's even the done thing with the Punjabi people.

Depends really, if you are the father, then I would suggest a mouth full of vomit, beat the little fooker to it. :whistling::whistling:

lol thats never happened before. i've heard of that happening.. kid spitting up and it getting into someones mouth... or pee in the mouth.

hearing all those stories i was extra careful! no picking the baby up over my head to make him laugh! and i warned anyone who tried it "Dont do that unless you want to wear his dinner on your neck!" :sick:

not into all that "good luck" shite. a baby is a baby, its cries & it shits & it spews. & the "owner" has to clean the said shit & spew up. No amount of silver will change that

much like owning a dog, i guess

Edited by Rabbithunter

Apparently when I was born one of Dad's workmates gave him a bar of nut chocolate," for the baby!".

Possibly tradition of giving a silver-spoon or coin whilst invoking good luck also has practical purpose.Silver is an easily crafted,widely accepted metal that can be traded within or between cultures. In other words the child is being given something that might well tide it over in times of hardship...Then there is the fact that silver is a good conductor of electricity ,heat and perhaps more spiritual energy..

My parents did'nt even save a single square of the chocolate for when my teeth came through.

not into all that "good luck" shite. a baby is a baby, its cries & it shits & it spews. & the "owner" has to clean the said shit & spew up. No amount of silver will change that

much like owning a dog, i guess

god help youre kids :D:D