gamo viper express air shotgun ?

hey all i was wondering if anyone has used or own this rifle and would it be woth it ?

or would it be worth just reaplying for a shotgun cert.

i like the fac that it's a shotgun but an airrifle in one .i dowt that the airrifle part want be any good as it's a smooth bore but iv got a rifle that im happy with so id be using it as a shotgun for flying rats .i dowt it will be as good as a shotgun but i think it could be fun.

id just ;ike to now what other peoples thoughts are and if anyone nows ware i could get one from in the uk.m

post-18203-1216576050_thumb.jpg

I remember a thread about this on BBS when it came out. I think the general consensus was that it wouldn't have the power for clean kills on shots greater than 10yds. Seems a good idea but I think I'd go for a shotty.

i noticed that it had a short range and a spread of 12 inches at ten yards .

i would only be using it for pigeons and rats at the alotment .

iv seen some vids on you tube of shot at 35 yards so it carnt be that bad .i dowt it take a pigeon in flight tho. :(

i may see if i can find one going cheep.m

will do maty j iv found a shop online in the uk so may give them a try see how much it will be .

yeah the vids look good wasnt to keen on the 35 yard shot on the sencond look as it didnt look as clean kill .but then iv seen worse .

.m

personally i would go for a 12g or a 410 !!!!

in theory.........good fun !!!

practically..........im sure you will prefer to use your air rifle.

just my opinion m.

if you want one go for it..........but a s/h 410 would cheaper and more effective.

cheers mate

sean

i really like the looks of this, if i remember rightly on the filming it can be shot loaded or pellet.

it is not going to do what a shotgun would do and to be honest i would go for a shotgun but like you say your using in a alotment so sounds good.

seen them on gun trader between £200-220 with red dot.

i would love ago of one but dont think i would hand out pcp or shotty money on one.

yeah let us all know how you get on with it if you do get

Edited by martin1

there 12ft lb for the uk market but for the us it 30 so not the most powerful .

iv a few probs with a real shot gun one is i need a cabinet fisrt

two iv got a few probs with the ex not liking me having an rifle let alone a shotgun and to be honest id rather have my lad at the wkends than a shotgun so the airshotgun would sort of get round that :thumbs:

i know things are more expensive for the uk market so i was expecting to pay £200 for a new one iv seen them on us sites for 219 and more power but if i got cought with one at that power :( it wouldnt be good .

plus i dowt thay would ship it to the uk .

was the rifes 220 for a new one or second hand ?

just found out that it's called skeet in the uk maybe why i couldnt find it in the uk :wallbash:

Edited by m.hubbard