New Home for New Babies

Hiya,

I'm relativley new to this forum and although a keen shooter im a complete novice at ferreting and i must say i cant wait to start! My kits will be ready within the next week or so, so here is my attempt at, hopefully, a ferret heaven for them:

cimg0150af6.th.jpg

I also had a go at making a carry box for my upcoming days in the field:

cimg0143ry4.th.jpg

Its been great fun researching and reading up on keeping/working ferrets and i cant wait to put it all in to practise. I'm going to put my all in to helping my babies to reach their full hunting potential, not to mention filling up the freezer with conies hehehe!!!

All the best,

Chris

Hiya,

I'm relativley new to this forum and although a keen shooter im a complete novice at ferreting and i must say i cant wait to start! My kits will be ready within the next week or so, so here is my attempt at, hopefully, a ferret heaven for them:

cimg0150af6.th.jpg

I also had a go at making a carry box for my upcoming days in the field:

cimg0143ry4.th.jpg

Its been great fun researching and reading up on keeping/working ferrets and i cant wait to put it all in to practise. I'm going to put my all in to helping my babies to reach their full hunting potential, not to mention filling up the freezer with conies hehehe!!!

All the best,

Chris

Im impressed mate :victory: you certainly thought of the ferts before you jumped in.Is that a rabbit shack hutch?

Im impressed mate :victory: you certainly thought of the ferts before you jumped in.Is that a rabbit shack hutch?

certainly is! 2 of, bottom one i got off fleabay and top one was a freebie off my pals that are giving me the kits :D Although it did need a bit of modifying as the run underneath had no base, doh! Was all good fun though, and kept me out of mischief :tongue2: i dont think i did too bad considering its the first time i have picked up a saw since i left school 8 years ago

.oO(god im gettin old!!)

yup, ive been out with ferrets twice in my life, once with harris hawk n second time with shot guns! was superb sport and amazing to see the ferts at work, i just had to get me some of my own. Gonna wait till either CLA or Midland game fairs to stock up on nets n other bits and bobs. Or i might try my hand at making some of my own.

Looks great , BUT the white pipe you have is that the fleable pipe used to let the heat out of a tumble dryer ? only reason i ask is i used one in side my hutch and my ferrets soon ripped it and could climb in and out of the extra holes they made and if yours do the same you new found rabbiting partners will be gone

Looks great , BUT the white pipe you have is that the fleable pipe used to let the heat out of a tumble dryer ? only reason i ask is i used one in side my hutch and my ferrets soon ripped it and could climb in and out of the extra holes they made and if yours do the same you new found rabbiting partners will be gone

Nah its not one of them, did look at the pipes your are on about but decided they were too flimsy. It's some sort of connecting pipe thingy i think it was called a pan connector or somethingso maybe somethin to do with the dunny? Its solid corrugated pipe, bloody wants to be for what i payed for it!

I initially wanted some of that Corrugated conduit, the blue industrial stuff but couldnt find it anywhere other than in 50m rolls, only needed a couple af feet as ya can see!

Guest jojoamojo
I initially wanted some of that Corrugated conduit, the blue industrial stuff but couldnt find it anywhere other than in 50m rolls, only needed a couple af feet as ya can see!

pinch some off a building site :whistling: not that i have ever done that :icon_eek::icon_redface:

pinch some off a building site :whistling: not that i have ever done that :icon_eek::icon_redface:

hehehe funny you should say that! i went back to work today after havin to weeks off to sort out hutches, carry box n other jobs that needed doin and guess what i found lying in the yard........

.......yup all the said conduit i could fit in me paniers!!

oh well bit late for it now, but at least they got some nice long play tunnels for in the hutches lol!!

I might even get some more tomorrow n bury it under some top soil for a makeshift bury so they can practise the old hunting game :D:D:D