Remington 700sps Vs Ruger M77 Hawkeye (all weather)

Hi im just about to turn 17 and am looking to get a .243 hunting rifle for Roe deer.

So far I have narrowed it down to the Remingtonn 700 sps or the Ruger M77 Hawkeye. :gunsmilie:

Whats your opinion on both guns? Which one is better?

Any alternatives?

Cheers

Hi im just about to turn 17 and am looking to get a .243 hunting rifle for Roe deer.

So far I have narrowed it down to the Remingtonn 700 sps or the Ruger M77 Hawkeye. :gunsmilie:

Whats your opinion on both guns? Which one is better?

Any alternatives?

Cheers

Many of us have been in a similar position and the answer is ..the one you get!

There are loads of manufacturers out there and somehow or other they all make a living..so someone must think they are all the best.

I am not a fan of the Ruger, although it is as old as the hills, a proven tool and works, just not the gun for me. The Remington SPS is currently sitting at No2 on my list, I already have 4 FAC tools and have just put the variation in for another 4. The Remington gets a lot of stick for being a mass produced, American, disposable product, with a lousy trigger and a flagpole for a barrel. I think it's better than that, but like I implied earlier..we all have an opinion. My choice is the Tikka T3, NOT really ...I want the Sako 85, but me and the bank manager don't see eye to eye on this one so it's the T3 for the first of my new guns.

I've gone for a remi 700 i don't rate the sps stock its crap for what it is really but the laminate stock seems brilliant, the x pro trigger (there new one) is pretty good the gunsmith can only get it down to 31/2 pounds but cos you can adjust sear engagement it breaks like glass might be going for a jewell though

the ruger....i shoot one in 222 at the moment i don't like you are pretty much stuck with what you get no room or components to modify which is always nice

i've got aa steyr as well and thats lovely but again nothing to back it up really for after market/personalising touches

I prefer the looks of the Ruger but the features of the Remington i.e the detachable magazine, the Reminton does feel great... :wacko:

I personally would buy the Tikka T3 but my hunting partner has one and I dont want to get the same.

Any other options? Anyone?

I prefer the looks of the Ruger but the features of the Remington i.e the detachable magazine, the Reminton does feel great... :wacko:

I personally would buy the Tikka T3 but my hunting partner has one and I dont want to get the same.

Any other options? Anyone?

howa 243 they have a package deal on by me rifle,mounts,scope,screwcut with mod,bag and 40 rounds of ammo

its based on remmingron action and with a bit of work to trigger shoots great groups. one lad on a site i go on has one with factory ammo under 1/2 inch so great for the money !