New Mount/Sportsmatch/Theoben 30mm Dampa Mount

I got one of these the other day as I been wanting one for a while. Anyway wanting to get it set up quick, but with sideways rain and backwards flying gulls, I sat at the window watching the weather thinking!! As it is I have an 18m barn, so out I go and after moving a lot of junk upstairs to the sides and screwing a 12mm bit of ply on the end wall I have a 15m indoor range :D

r1.jpg

After a few pellets to zero the scope I was getting pretty good results. I scanned these with red card behind so its pretty clear.

r2.jpgr3.jpg

r4.jpgr5.jpg

Not bad for a springer huh ? :whistling:

I know its only plinking but its a chance to get out of the house while the weather is miserable (and it is here 10 months of the year) and it also keeps my eye in.

Heres the mount on my HW95.

r.jpg

I would recommend the mount for springers (they do them to fit 1" scopes too), you may be able to get it cheaper if you search around though :good:

Thanks for looking,

all the best,

Gav.

I got one of these the other day as I been wanting one for a while. Anyway wanting to get it set up quick, but with sideways rain and backwards flying gulls, I sat at the window watching the weather thinking!! As it is I have an 18m barn, so out I go and after moving a lot of junk upstairs to the sides and screwing a 12mm bit of ply on the end wall I have a 15m indoor range :D

r1.jpg

After a few pellets to zero the scope I was getting pretty good results. I scanned these with red card behind so its pretty clear.

r2.jpgr3.jpg

r4.jpgr5.jpg

Not bad for a springer huh ? :whistling:

I know its only plinking but its a chance to get out of the house while the weather is miserable (and it is here 10 months of the year) and it also keeps my eye in.

nice shooting gav some good head shots

Heres the mount on my HW95.

r.jpg

I would recommend the mount for springers (they do them to fit 1" scopes too), you may be able to get it cheaper if you search around though :good:

Thanks for looking,

all the best,

Gav.

Thanks goldenarms :D They would be good kill shots :good: I find a shot placed just behind the eye of any pidgeon is instant death :yes:

I should have stated I was using .22 accupels really too huh, seem to go well with my HW95 ;)

awesome post gav............excellent results !!!!!!

for anyone else reading......... those mounts are a must for a springer !!

keep up the good work.......heres a good one for your indoor range................superglue a polo to a piece of card......and try and shoot through the hole without breaking the polo!!!!!!

when can i come and watch :whistling:

all the best mate

sean

awesome post gav............excellent results !!!!!!

for anyone else reading......... those mounts are a must for a springer !!

keep up the good work.......heres a good one for your indoor range................superglue a polo to a piece of card......and try and shoot through the hole without breaking the polo!!!!!!

when can i come and watch :whistling:

all the best mate

sean

Ohhhhh Sean mate, you have me all flustered now pal :icon_redface:

Any time mate you know that :good:

Thanks for the compliments too if I didn't know you better I would think you were after something :whistling:

i had to by them mounts for my sites as they kept slipping backwards i paid 30 pound for them was that expensive

I just paid £50 including postage and I didn't think that was expensive for a good mono mount, if you got one for £30, have I been ripped off :icon_eek:

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. You may have a good branded expensive scope but put cheap mounts on and the scope is usless.

This mount is made for springers, as dampers built into the mount take the recoil and stop damage or movment, simple as that :good: