Just a question

I finally got the rifle of my dreams :) with a 10 shot magazine. Now Ive been to the rifle range and zeroed it in and Im very happy with it, Im off out next friday to my permission. Now the question I have has got me round the bend and there's probably a very simple answer to it :yes: But Im not confident to go out with my rifle until Ive had it answered. Say Ive fired 4 shots; there will still be 6 shots left in the magazine right - so I'll be walking round with a loaded rifle (fifty foot away from roads and public paths etc) ready to fire which is great for rabbits BUT what if someone approaches me (For instance a member of the public) to ask what Im doing ~ I cant make the rifle safe until Ive fired off the other 6 shots. I'd like to be able to take the mag out but its not possible when halfway through using it. So what do I do to be safe and legal? Its a genuine question guys, I cant afford to do anything wrong/ illegal as it would affect my full time job. Thanks in advance. :)

I finally got the rifle of my dreams :) with a 10 shot magazine. Now Ive been to the rifle range and zeroed it in and Im very happy with it, Im off out next friday to my permission. Now the question I have has got me round the bend and there's probably a very simple answer to it :yes: But Im not confident to go out with my rifle until Ive had it answered. Say Ive fired 4 shots; there will still be 6 shots left in the magazine right - so I'll be walking round with a loaded rifle (fifty foot away from roads and public paths etc) ready to fire which is great for rabbits BUT what if someone approaches me (For instance a member of the public) to ask what Im doing ~ I cant make the rifle safe until Ive fired off the other 6 shots. I'd like to be able to take the mag out but its not possible when halfway through using it. So what do I do to be safe and legal? Its a genuine question guys, I cant afford to do anything wrong/ illegal as it would affect my full time job. Thanks in advance. :)

Hmmm . . .'tis certainly a strange one if you can't remove the mag when it (the rifle) is going thru the pellets?

I know on mine (the S310) i can take the mag out when i need to, just by pulling the bolt fully out and removing the mag. This (for me) leaves the barrel empty and the mag is out of the action.

Silly question but as i'm not very familliar with the S200 range, so i will ask it anyway:

Have you tried fully pulling the bolt to the rear with one hand and extracting the mag with the other? this is what i do with mine you see. Mind you, it has to be pulled fully to the rear to work out right as otherwise the forend of the bolt face is still engaging with the rear face of the mag and this wont release the mag freely.

Other than that, i don't have a scooby doo.

Cheers,

Grim

Edited by Grim Reaper

Hmmm . . .'tis certainly a strange one if you can't remove the mag when it (the rifle) is going thru the pellets?

I know on mine (the S310) i can take the mag out when i need to, just by pulling the bolt fully out and removing the mag. This (for me) leaves the barrel empty and the mag is out of the action.

Silly question but as i'm not very familliar with the S200 range, so i will ask it anyway:

Have you tried fully pulling the bolt to the rear with one hand and extracting the mag with the other? this is what i do with mine you see. Mind you, it has to be pulled fully to the rear to work out right as otherwise the forend of the bolt face is still engaging with the rear face of the mag and this wont release the mag freely.

Cheers,

Grim

yes i agree with grim reaper

yes i have air arm s200 pull bolt back and turn the mag till you get the line (with the groove in) at the top that is what i do

Like i said, it was a silly question. I'm not overly familliar with the S200 range you see.

I can't see AA making it so you can't remove the mag at any time as due to the nature of our game, there will be times when you need and have to do this?

I will certainly do my best to try and help you out.

Regards,

Grim

yes i have air arm s200 pull bolt back and turn the mag till you get the line (with the groove in) at the top that is what i do

Cheers for confirming my thoughts on this Duck - much appreciated!

And I'm just glad to see that you have seemed to have solved the problem in hand.

All the best,

Grim

Cheers,

Grim

:doh::doh: I just knew there would be a very simple answer to my question ~ thank you so much guys, I was a bit concerned about taking it out on Friday but now I can ~ SAFELY! Cheers. :clapper:

had this problem originaly too,got told this method- pull bolt right back, still holding bolt, squeeze trigger to decock action, slide bolt home, now safe. has same effect as breaking a springer and holding the barrel to decock.

in addition to this...........if you want to be safe, when transporting your gun you MUST remove the magazine and empty the pellets from it, and store them seperately from the mag.

:thumbs: safe shooting

regards

sean