love him or hate him.....khan IS a good boxer............hes fast and accurate.......and will be world champion !!!!

a lot of boxers have "glass jaws" but this does not make them bad boxers.

granted...his route to a world title may be easy..but, thats down to management, as far as they are concerned every fights a pay day.

its unfair to compare him to any other boxer..........he has got somthing a bit special, wether that stays....who knows????

time will tell, either way, but, until then theres always going to be a debate and we all have our own opinions.

cheers

sean

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael could'nt come to scratch in the last round, Tibbs is well experienced and knows what that means. Even Eubank stood in the centre of the ring and looked at tibbs and then the ref and clearly asked them were they taking the piss...Watson was gone...he was jabbing Eubank from a stood still position in his corner....the referee actually (factually) had to go and get Watson by the glove and steer him to scratch...and Tibbs and the other narrow-backed bald c**t allowed it to happen. To add insult to injury the two c**ts ran screaming to the ref when it was waved-off (not to Michael)...if thats not a mistake on a human care point of view then Adolf deserves an OBE.

17 years of hindsight is an easy thing to have and the tragedies of this fight brought about massive changes,remember this was at a time when there was not even rules for ambulance access at fights......had this happened today the odds are that watson would not have recieved permanent injuries,which is what was explained in the high court....jimmy tibbs was not blamed then and is not blamed now,neither was the referee or doctor.....this is an extremely tough often brutal sport and unfortunately tragedies have and will happen from time to time,thankfully there has not been a death in the ring since 96 i believe....fighters such as spencer oliver and paul ingle are alive today due to the changes made after the watson fight....no consolation for watson of course but he himself has never blamed anybody and to be honest oneredtrim you are the first person i have ever heard put the blame at the feet of tibbs....if you hate every trainer who made a costly mistake in judgement you will hate all trainers because unfortunately this type of thing has happened to them all at some stage only not always in such a high profile domestic fight such as this.......if you honestly believe jimmy not to be a decent caring human being who has always had his fighters best interests at heart....i would suggest you learn a little about the man before judging him.

Many fighters have been too game for their own good and need saving from themself......blaming jimmy for the terrible outcome of this fight is wrong.....remember it was well documented that the serious damage most probably occured at least 2 rounds before the end.....a round which watson dominated......its so easy to use years of hindsight to judge a mans spur of the moment actions and if you want to hold him personally responsible and hate him for it thats your choice,but i can tell you its not the choice of most people then or now.....all the best.

I think what needs to be remembered is it really doesnt matter what i think or you think......the high court made judgement and thats what its there for......the reason watson suffered permanent damage was NOT because he was out on his feet in the last round,NOT because the ref or jimmy tibbs allowed the fight to continue......it is because he did not recieve oxygen within the critical half hour following his collapse...this is not my opinion this is medical facts......now,whether tibbs had allowed his man to contnue a fight he was clearly winning but under tremendous pressure and out on his feet....is neither here nor there,he was still going to collapse as the damage was done,and the ambulance was still going to be half hour in coming.....as for the 6 right hands,like i say it is too easy to be critical with hindsight.....as for seeing how a man reacts under pressure......just ask nigel benn,mark kaylor and many many others who they felt was the best trainer they ever had.......

I believe like most things to do with sport,people like to find somebody to blame......and the fact is nobody within the sport of boxing has ever held benn responsible for mcllelland,mcguigan/young ali....pintor/johnny owens( or his father and trainer for sending him out for that fatal 12th round )......or jimmy tibbs responsible for the injuries suffered to michael watson and the 2 have always remained great friends.......sometimes the truth proves itself !

Edited by gnasher16
Well i would'nt really call it 'neither here nor niknok'....i'd call that a c**ts trick if someone did it to a dog never mind a human being.

" Trick ".....so your saying jimmy tricked watson into permanent brain damage ?.......like i said,learn something about a man before you judge him and if you want someone to blame.....then blame the people who were found guilty instead of targetting a decent family man highly respected in the toughest of sports.

jimmy tibbs decision to allow watson to come out for the last round was neither here nor there in relation to watsons permament brain damage......the damage was already done,and the ambulance was still going to take 30 minutes to reach him regardless.....like i said before....learn about a man before judging him,or just be the same as most sports fans and find someone to blame....anyone as long as a finger can be pointed....and to be honest,if you think jimmy tibbs would trick one of his fighters into brain damage just to get the win....then i find that disgusting and have no further interest in a conversation about a man you are ready to degrade but know nothing about.....i guess its one of those " think whatever you like " moments....all the best.

Edited by gnasher16

Ive found most of your thoughts on boxing matters very close to my own and have enjoyed reading them....but this i find disgusting,jimmy tibbs has forgot more about boxing and boxers than you or i will ever know...he is possibly the most respected british trainer of our generation.....and here you are questioning the mans heart......i have pictures here of his wedding day,his face busted to pieces.....cradling his son in his arms who himself went on to be a good pro....jimmys own career was based on heart overcoming a lack of technical ability yet he still went further than most....and did the exact same as a trainer.....had watson not collapsed which nobody could foresee and had taken the win nobody would have questioned jimmys decision....as it is he has to live with this fight and 3 others similar for the rest of his life....that alone takes a lot more guts and character than taking a cheap swing at him because its easy to !

Personally i think you are a little more intelligent than you are letting on....if at the start of the 12th round you yourself could forsee that michael watson was going to slip into a coma and suffer permanent brain damage then you are clearly more of an expert than anybody there present that night or since...........as for the other nonsense,i dont think he would lose any sleep over somebody calling him names from their keyboard.......and personally i like and respect the man....so do it yourself !

I now strongly suspect that something is going WOOOOOSH right over the top of your head...have one f****n guess what happens if you right uppercut a brain tumouring defencless opponent....in fact don't guess...i'll tell you....it don't render them any bonnier.

Ok mystic meg your clearly way out of my league or anybody elses when it comes to medical expertise....i dont know anyone that can see whats going on inside someones body....if only the ref that night was as smart as you none of this would have ever happened....yet the poor old bbbc got fined for not having measley old medical supervision on close stand by !...aint no justice is there !....in the meantime maybe you could have a butchers at my old mum one of these days and let me know if and when cancers on the way......oh,and the lottery numbers for this wknd if your feeling generous !