imo a stoppage was the right thing but i think the ref did khan a favour by steppin in on the knock down ? if gomez still has the heart and interest he could still do well at domestic level thrs a few more fights in him yet . . khan fans need to learn some respect gomez had thr man on his arse and gave him his toughest fight yet and they boo him what was that all about ... if nothing else gomez showed up khans weak points maybe someone else can gain from that . 2 fights away from a world title shot i dont think so !

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gaz100604
What a shame.....there used to be some pretty knowledgable boxing folk posting on this site.......clearly not anymore !.....personally i dont think khans got a glass jaw,but even if he has,it didnt do nigel benn much harm....he had the speed and guts to get through it,just like khan possibly has......as for all the folk who wanted to put him in with world champs maybe now you realise how the game works....you learn your trade THEN you fight big important fights not the other way round.

Like i said a few years ago...i,ll take bets with anyone who thinks khan wont win a version of a world title...didnt get any offers then,maybe now ?

Khan clearly needs to sit down on his punches more and make them count as opposed to this windmill attack !! exactly the same as nigel benn did in his early career....pretty much right up to when benn switched trainers to jimmy tibbs.....and what has khan recently done,switched trainers to tibbs and dean powell...which is the best move of his career so far.

talking out your bum hole. the guy got half hit he was down , i think it was willy nelson who nearly knocked hi out last year he had 6 kos in 29 fights so he doesnt have the punching power he had kahn fecked up good. also kahn doesnt hit half as hard as he thinks he does. exact same as naseem hamed after he got mashed my barrea he was asked after the fight if hamed hit hard he said no.

to date kahn has fought nobodys journeymen and has beens at best, no doubt he will win a waterdown version of the title

but when he goes in for ibf and titles like that against class his glass jaw will be smashed

ps i spent more money on pay per view fights than most watch friday night fight night on sky all the time love my boxing. kahn will not cut the mustard. but with all he hype around him theres alot of money to be made off him, they should cash in while they can hes due his comeuppence.

pps that fight should not of been stopped at that time most of the shots he took on shoulders had his hand up high. kahn was very hurt by that bodyshot. a proper opponent will take hi CLEAN out

maybe one of the weaker world champs or go up a wieght and fight ricky hatton ahah bad mangment move for khan maybe , time will tell how good he is ive not watched much of him so what can you say hees young and will get more clever or he will have to be as tough as leather like the mexicans etc but cant see it diffrent genes and diffrent up bringing

kahn is setting his self up to fall on his arse,all the big i am stuff against inferiore oposision wont carry him through watch and learn folks as has been said franks poket comes first not kahn.

hes good but not that good his team picking who fights him as they get good pay day for there retirement gomez showed that kahn is suspect given a dig he cant fight close in needs keep opponents t arms lengh someone said wait till he meets ah true mexicain or cuben :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing: then we will see if hes got it :hmm::hmm::hmm: why dosent he fight the lad the knocked him out in the abas ?????????????????

kahn is setting his self up to fall on his arse,all the big i am stuff against inferiore oposision wont carry him through watch and learn folks as has been said franks poket comes first not kahn.
and franks got deep pockets .. remember terry marsh ??
Guest gaz100604
hes good but not that good his team picking who fights him as they get good pay day for there retirement gomez showed that kahn is suspect given a dig he cant fight close in needs keep opponents t arms lengh someone said wait till he meets ah true mexicain or cuben :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing: then we will see if hes got it :hmm::hmm::hmm: why dosent he fight the lad the knocked him out in the abas ?????????????????

for a big lad he never pushed gomez back with the jab , he got bullied in the ring if you ask me one more clean shot from gomez and it was game over

for a big lad he never pushed gomez back with the jab , he got bullied in the ring if you ask me one more clean shot from gomez and it was game over

couple more body shots and he may of been outta thr . interestin that ollie harrison trained gomez after the khan camp had sacked him :hmm: whoever his next opponent his should get harrison on thr side i think he`s got a score to settle aswell :yes:
Guest gaz100604

couple more body shots and he may of been outta thr . interestin that ollie harrison trained gomez after the khan camp had sacked him :hmm: whoever his next opponent his should get harrison on thr side i think he`s got a score to settle aswell :yes:

and pound the living shite out of him

and pound the living shite out of him

:laugh::laugh::laugh: got the impression your not a khan fan :whistling:
i think khan had it on his toes last night for the first time in his career and i think another good shot from Gomez and it was curtains for him....khans quick and clever but i dont think he had the power to put Gomez out.....however the ref always as the power to put people out.....

:thumbs: