Guest gaz100604
no , i dont think it should have been stopped , not at that moment , but to say of all the punches he's taken over the years , thats bullshit , the bbbc, have the most stringent tests for boxers anywhere in the world , if they thought gomez had taken so many punches , they would not have granted permission for this fight ,

having been a boxer myself , when khan fights a real puncher "not past his best years , like gomez " he will pay the ultimate price , a defeat , cos he's got a glass jaw , just like bruno had , he cant take body shots either , so come to your own conclusions

my old papa said wait till he goes to America and fight some of them Mexicans and columbines he will know what fight is about.................. he said he wont last long where he's from old (mineing village blantyre) people do it for fun every friday and satuarday night............. in the car park............. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

the sooner the better

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wellsaid cant wait till he gets that smug grin wiped off his face

It's sad mate, but I tend to agree. :yes: He's too cocky, yes he's got the ability, but there's no need for it at his stage in his career.

no , i dont think it should have been stopped , not at that moment , but to say of all the punches he's taken over the years , thats bullshit , the bbbc, have the most stringent tests for boxers anywhere in the world , if they thought gomez had taken so many punches , they would not have granted permission for this fight ,

having been a boxer myself , when khan fights a real puncher "not past his best years , like gomez " he will pay the ultimate price , a defeat , cos he's got a glass jaw , just like bruno had , he cant take body shots either , so come to your own conclusions

my old papa said wait till he goes to America and fight some of them Mexicans and columbines he will know what fight is about.................. he said he wont last long where he's from old (mineing village blantyre) people do it for fun every friday and satuarday night............. in the car park............. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Blantyre men do a lot of strange things in car parks.....Khan is a bit like Prince naseem and we all know what happend when he met his first class fighter :boxing:

dont we all ........ well iam a born and breed Blantyre boy meself..... where you from??? me old papa is an old timer from there seen alot of things in hislife but he's is modestested bout things ( anit we all) T 7

dont we all ........ well iam a born and breed Blantyre boy meself..... where you from??? me old papa is an old timer from there seen alot of things in hislife but he's is modestested bout things ( anit we all) T 7

Just across the road fae you mate in sunny Viewpark :laugh:

small world init..... my dad was from udderstone ( spelling thats the tonic wine now ) Paul Frazer my mum side is McCREADIE do you know them by any chance???????????????? small world after all???????????? T 7

small world init..... my dad was from udderstone ( spelling thats the tonic wine now ) Paul Frazer my mum side is McCREADIE do you know them by any chance???????????????? small world after all???????????? T 7

The only McCreadie I can remember was Billy...or Crazy as he was known....dont ask why!

What a shame.....there used to be some pretty knowledgable boxing folk posting on this site.......clearly not anymore !.....personally i dont think khans got a glass jaw,but even if he has,it didnt do nigel benn much harm....he had the speed and guts to get through it,just like khan possibly has......as for all the folk who wanted to put him in with world champs maybe now you realise how the game works....you learn your trade THEN you fight big important fights not the other way round.

Like i said a few years ago...i,ll take bets with anyone who thinks khan wont win a version of a world title...didnt get any offers then,maybe now ?

Khan clearly needs to sit down on his punches more and make them count as opposed to this windmill attack !! exactly the same as nigel benn did in his early career....pretty much right up to when benn switched trainers to jimmy tibbs.....and what has khan recently done,switched trainers to tibbs and dean powell...which is the best move of his career so far.

What a shame.....there used to be some pretty knowledgable boxing folk posting on this site.......clearly not anymore !.....personally i dont think khans got a glass jaw,but even if he has,it didnt do nigel benn much harm....he had the speed and guts to get through it,just like khan possibly has......as for all the folk who wanted to put him in with world champs maybe now you realise how the game works....you learn your trade THEN you fight big important fights not the other way round.

Like i said a few years ago...i,ll take bets with anyone who thinks khan wont win a version of a world title...didnt get any offers then,maybe now ?

Khan clearly needs to sit down on his punches more and make them count as opposed to this windmill attack !! exactly the same as nigel benn did in his early career....pretty much right up to when benn switched trainers to jimmy tibbs.....and what has khan recently done,switched trainers to tibbs and dean powell...which is the best move of his career so far.

personally think the only mistake khan made last night was letting gomez in close.

if he'd of stood back and worked him with his jab....gomez wouldn't of got a punch in.

khans speed and accuracy will win him fights...................glass jaw or not...he can box.

should the fight of been stopped ??????...............yes i think so.

i think khan had it on his toes last night for the first time in his career and i think another good shot from Gomez and it was curtains for him....khans quick and clever but i dont think he had the power to put Gomez out.....however the ref always as the power to put people out.....

The fight should definately have been stopped,probably earlier than it actually was......gomez was stopping too many accurate unanswered punches.....some fighters are too brave for their own good and a fight stopped fractionally too early is always better than a fight stopped fractionally too late.....things were only going to get worse for gomez against a younger stronger fitter and most importantly....bigger opponent.....the better fighter won so why risk serious injury to a guy who most probably would not have taken the easy way out.

I took you up on this bet last time Gnasher :victory::victory: We'll need to have a friendly £20.........Khan wont Win A World Title, the division is hotting up now, and the opposition will be TOO HOT for KHAN :gunsmilie::boxing:

ATB TOMMY :thumbs: :thumbs:

i wouldnt had mind ken buchanan in his prime fighting khan or a young roberto duran ive not saw much of khan but boxed and saw enough to know that when he goes up a class itll be harder and no time to show boat , weel see i hoep he does well and fightsthe best thats about only way to be undisputed