wheaten x bull

Hi all well earth dog running dogs a cracking read this month the article on the bull x wheaten was a cracker just wondering anyone hunted these would love to see a few pics if anyone can help

cheers Stoaty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wanted to see what these dogs looked like and were capable of it was such a good article in my opinion and the cross sounded a cracker look forward to the pics wet cheers matey Stoaty

Nice dog mate

Posted Images

nice pics lads...hopefully get a few more,i have a mate who owns a wheaton bitch and weve talked about this cross before for lurcher production and hopefully hes coming round to the idea and ill get a chance to own one soon.more pics please lads. :victory:

Guest oldskool

it sounds a good idea but does the bull benefit??? does the right bred wheaten need to be crossed to bull??? if its lackin in courage then why not just use bull for the job, or better still, if its lackin in courage should it even be bred from??? not stirring shit in anyway but i thought i would put that out there to see what peoples thoughts on it were :thumbs:

it sounds a good idea but does the bull benefit??? does the right bred wheaten need to be crossed to bull??? if its lackin in courage then why not just use bull for the job, or better still, if its lackin in courage should it even be bred from??? not stirring shit in anyway but i thought i would put that out there to see what peoples thoughts on it were :thumbs:

fair comment mate,i was thinking more jaw power i know wheatons have good jaws but the bulls got to be the boy when it comes to power??the bitch is a game enough dog to breed from,i suppose it would bring coat into the bull aswell,i had a small bull cross bitch with a very poor coat and she used to suffer in very bad weather.

post-17265-1213999765.jpg

cracking pic matey any more

i'll be over with the man who owns that dog tomorow and i'll get some better pics. :thumbs: and about putting bull in wheatons, i don't see the harm, it can add jaw power and stamina. don't get me wrong there are some very game wheatons i've seen that are grand just the way they are. and while were on the subject, just wondering what yous think? i'm putting a working bred wheaton on my little staffxbull bitch,

were quite a few bred in my neck of the woods years back....the reason..££££s