Puppy peddling

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yes: Theyre at it again the peddlers in the local rag this week, cocker spanielxdachshundxjack russell pups apparently a bargain at £150,soft coated wheatenxcocker spaniel pups at only £230,and bulldobers must be top quality at £450,well i could do with some holiday money this year so im breeding my own bull terrierx shihtzu,BULLSHITTERS!!!! £375 a pup any takers??

I wouldn`t sell a pup of mine for less than £150 unless i know them and i`m not talking mate of a mates or someone of here that i have never met if i know them then they can have one no money at all needs to cross my hand there are a few members i trust enough to give pups to for feck all and i would but if i dont know them i`ll be wanting at least £150...

Its as simple as this, IF you breed two litters or more,a year- you need a breeders licence ! end of!! no excuses that its a hobby or other crap thats spouted. Legislation is there to protect the animal and once this new animal Welfare bill is in force, it will only get worse.

Back yard breeders who masquerade as hobbyists - will all get their collar felt, and there are lots of these about.

I suppose we've all had experience of meeting 'Dog Dealers' and obviously MONEY is their only priority. A character i met had a lovely looking Jack Russell bitch that was coming up for a year old and he openly admitted it hadn't seen anything, not even been on a Lead. When bumping into him about a month later the said bitch was in pup!!! He told me that she was really keen and when asked what she had seen, he told me "two rats" that had been caught in a cage trap and ragged a few foxes, that had been pulled by his running dogs.

Now i'm no Terrierman (having just the one bushing dog), but more thought needs to go into the breeding of these brave warriors than that.

Having Saluki crosses i have noticed over the past few years people have jumped on the bandwagon and 'aquired' a well bred dog (usually with a big name in it's pedigree) just to knock pups out of it for profit, thankfully with the current law restrictions these 'leaches' have moved to new pastures.

Looking at the mid-week ad-mag and theres people selling two litters of different breeds of dog under the same telephone number, they must be making a nice wage. :realmad:

Carreg, I'm not one to sit in a glass house, and wouldnt raise such a sensetive issue such as this unless my back was covered 100%. I am in posession of a Wild and Dangerous Animals Act Licence, a Full dog boarding licence and licenced cattery plus I have a Dog breeders licence. Am fully inspected once a year but open to inspection 365 days of the year as anyone who has ever been here will back me up on - its the dogs first.

why do you ask?

I have to agree with Carreg, why would anyone have more than 2 litters a year if not for a profit? Breeding to carry on a line for yourself or friends is one thing, but I just dont agree with churning out pups for a profit

or hobby. Our local dog rescue is always packed with unwanted dogs, there are plenty of Lurchers & Terriers in there too. Im not convinced that a breeders licence will stop it, the back yarders will always get round it.

I went to look at 2 litters of Patterdales last year, proper scum family, house was absolutely filthy, steptoes backyard, dogs running round everywhere. There were about 12 pups running round in the house, potbellied and covered in shit, the sort of place where you wipe your feet on the way out, even the rats had left and gone down the welfare. The bloke had advertised them as Nuttall bred, (my arse), and was asking £200 a pup. He pulled a face when I said I didnt want one, I just told him to f#ck off. He was really close to a right hander. Thats the sort of scum that makes my blood boil, the bitch looked like she had been bred out of every 6 months. :realmad: :realmad:

I know a gamekeeper like that, his dogs are a f*****g stinking filthy disgrace, he peddles borders , and no bitch comes in season on his spot without getting mated, its a disgrace, and i hope the new laws shut people like him down, because its not right, and the c**t is the first to fire up when folk are slagging non working borders off. :realmad:

Number of litters depends on what I am doing at the time and where I am in my line breeding, it matters not how many, but what quality and are they sound, stable and improvong. I dont have to justify more, after all I can breed as few or as many as I like , I have a licence.

Number of litters depends on what I am doing at the time and where I am in my line breeding, it matters not how many, but what quality and are they sound, stable and improvong. I dont have to justify more, after all I can breed as few or as many as I like , I have a licence.

As long as your making money too [bANNED TEXT] :whistle:

Not as much as them back yard breeders who dont have to provide accomodation , housing pay for licences, rates etc, now, they are the ones who make the money, not me, i just play by the rules, it costs more, but you know what you do is right.......... I dont look over my shoulder.