Bullet jesses system???

Dexter...

Would someone more up to date explain(as i'm more old school :whistling: ) the workings of what I believe to be called bullet jesses, or toggle jesses, the bullet system, something like that. I have never used this system, nor seen anyone who does. A clear explanation with, if it's not too much trouble, some explanatory photographs would be appreciated.They say its quicker to change a "jesse" with this setup than with the traditonal leather flying/mews jesse,but saying that it only takes a few seconds for me to change my leather mews jesse's??

Dexter...

Im not clued up at all on them bullet jesses but what ive seen and read about them leave's a clear No No in my head..and the way i look at thing's IS if it's not broke dont go try and fix it as you normally end up with problem's.. :hmm:

So in my little bit of theory and philosophy i would say stick with the tried and tested method's that have been used for centuries and that normally smell's of leather.. :victory: ..

Millet

The way you think is the same as me Millet ;).I should add, I have no desire to try these, I'm happy with permanent flying jesses, but I'm not yet too old to have an enquiring mind :rolleyes: .But could I ask for someone to post some clear photos of this setup?

Dexter...

Edited by Dexter...

In the field I like to fly with no jesses so when im carrying my bird I need to be able to attach something that I can slip the bird from quickly and bullet jesses are just that. I always use them. I know that tradition is preferable in 99% of occasions but theres the odd bit of kit thats really useful... They must never be used for tethering as they are not safe enough..

Ive nicked this pic from another forum lol so shhhh :whistling: Oh and the glove colour is yukkkkkkk My set up is black.

31bea22b.jpg

Ive nicked this pic from another forum lol so shhhh :whistling: Oh and the glove colour is yukkkkkkk My set up is black.

31bea22b.jpg

Thanks Kat, for taking the trouble. Much appreciated.So If you fly a hawk with them, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Nothing wrong or beats flying jesses and a clip on the glove, in my opinion then,its just that ive spoken to a few Harris flyers and they rave over them for flying etc becouse there quick? :duh:

31bea22b.jpg

Thanks Kat, for taking the trouble. Much appreciated.So If you fly a hawk with them, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Nothing wrong or beats flying jesses and a clip on the glove, in my opinion then,its just that ive spoken to a few Harris flyers and they rave over them for flying etc becouse there quick? :duh:

No you're right in many ways but if im flying 2 or 3 hh's in a cast its a damn nuisance faffing about with jesses. And out of habit I use them on a solo bird quite often. I just dont see the need for any jesses and I can call the bird back and slip a bullet through the anklet and Bobs ya uncle lol. On posh days when we've guests out and at shows or events I never use them though as I too like tradition.

Would someone more up to date explain(as i'm more old school :whistling: ) the workings of what I believe to be called bullet jesses, or toggle jesses, the bullet system, something like that. I have never used this system, nor seen anyone who does. A clear explanation with, if it's not too much trouble, some explanatory photographs would be appreciated.They say its quicker to change a "jesse" with this setup than with the traditonal leather flying/mews jesse,but saying that it only takes a few seconds for me to change my leather mews jesse's??

Dexter...

I don't have any pictures mate, but the one posted can be used to explain it. The Bullet Jesses are permanently attached to the Leash by a Swivel. The end of of each Jesse has a hollow aluminium piece of tubing, the Cord is then fed through the tube which is then crimped to hold the Cord in place. The 'Bullets' (aluminium tubing) are fed through the eyelets of the Anklets, once through they find their natural position and hold the Cord onto the Anklet, as the Picture shows with them attached to the Glove. They are perfect if you fly your Birds without any Jesses, as it just takes a second or two to put these on, I know because I use them when out Lamping, easily done in the dark too.

This method saves having to attach the Jesses to the Leash, it is a short cut, best used by those who do not use Jesses out flying.