This is what I have just started using, recommended by a friend , dogs love it .......but can't seem to score it....I am using the "High oats" at the moment to get the dogs weight down then will move to "active "

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/dog_food.htm

At first thought it was pricey ,but once you see how much they need it is more economical than cheaper foods and alledgedly better for them, if somebody could do the scoring and let me know the results...would appriecate it .

Cheers

SMOKEY

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
CSJ all the way

Someone told me if a dog food has beet pulp in it,dont buy it,its just a waste product from sugar beet factories and has no nutritional benifit for the dog it just bulks it out,it just means more dog shit.I have tried to explain to lots of pepole that it is cheaper to feed dogs on premium food such as Burns at 35 quid than the horrible cheap food at 12.99 (15kg).My terrier needs 280g of the cheap stuff a day and 100g of Burns(both manufacturers reccomended daily feeding amounts),Burns has real meat in it no beet pulp and is hypoalergenic.Dogs thrive on it.

Dogs excrete (shite) waste,if you were to take two dogs to the toilet and observe them shitting,you would find that the dog fed on raw shits next to nothing whilst the dog fed on dry would leave a pile.This tells me enough about dry dog food i.e. most of whats in it is bulking agent.I'll admit that some of the more expensive brands,Burns,Arden Grange,James Well Beloved seem to be reasonably well made i still think a dog fed on barf and a combination of fruit,veg,and grain would be more nourished and hopefully healthier.I dont see a problem with throwing in a handfull of dry along with some "real" food,but no way would i encourage anyone to feed a dog nothing but dry.Rant over.