I've done it!

I was offered a pup a few weeks ago, by a very good friend of my cousin. We met on my cousins stag weekend, got talking about hunting with dogs etc, and I mentioned that when I could afford it, I'd be looking into getting a lurcher. He then said, that if I wanted a pup, I could have one for nothing, as he don't sell pups, he gives them away to good working homes, the only condition being that they don't get sold on, if I wanted rid, it was to go straight back to him.

Anyway, after a few weeks of badgering the wife, showing her pictures of different dogs, etc, she came round.

we met this lad at the wedding yesterday, and it looks like it may be a done deal.

I asked him the breeding of the dogs, but I was steaming & I can't remember which way round the Dam & Sire are! Anyway, one's Saluki/Laguna Whippet, and the other's Border(Collie?)/Greyhound. I know next to fcuk all about breeding in lurchers, but do any of you dogmen think that it's a good combo? I've been told by people who know his dogs, that they are meant to be good on all types of quarry. The pups are 3 weeks old at this moment in time, and when I go to see them in the next couple of weeks, I'll try to get some photos to post. :thumbs:

well done mate,once you have your pup up and goin thats

it you wont look back forget about the wife as you will now

have a new relationship on board ha,

give it everything spend as much time with it as possible

and you will definatley be rewarded,

because the way i have always looked at it is,you have

got to put the work into the dog to get the work out of the dog

you have your self a nice breed to start with there it should make a good

rabbit and hare dog mabie even more mate good luck,stej :clapper:

dosnt really matter what way she/he is made up!but the thing i do like about the deal is your not to sell the dog on give it back this means the sire an dame of the dog is top workers think your on a winner good stuff :victory:

Cheers for the replies! I'm really looking forward to my first lurcher. I've been out a good few times with my mate & his Beddy X, now I've got the bug! :thumbs: