a good day

Hello gentlemen(and I don't just throw that word around) I am new to this entire sportsman culture but I must say those pics look Good! And the terriers look like Workers! What is there breeding? And do these dogs work rats also? All vermin? I am just a new guy with a few questions, I posted an introduction and some pictures in the gallery of breeds that are of interest to me. Any info. or advice is ALWAYS Appreciated!

Keep'em Workin!

Edited by dingo1

Hello gentlemen(and I don't just throw that word around) I am new to this entire sportsman culture but I must say those pics look Good! And the terriers look like Workers! What is there breeding? And do these dogs work rats also? All vermin? I am just a new guy with a few questions, I posted an introduction and some pictures in the gallery of breeds that are of interest to me. Any info. or advice is ALWAYS Appreciated!

Keep'em Workin!

yes mate they would happilly work rats but these are kept for earth work firstly,and maybe do some ratting when its quiet anything to keep the farmers happy.welcome to the site.what do you hunt over there if you dont mind me asking?

Keep'em Workin!

yes mate they would happilly work rats but these are kept for earth work firstly,and maybe do some ratting when its quiet anything to keep the farmers happy.welcome to the site.what do you hunt over there if you dont mind me asking?

I will be working ALOT and I mean Alot of private acreage with tons of Raccons, Rats, Oppossum, Ground hogs, Rats, Badgers, Rabbits, coyote, and did I mention rats? I posted some pics of breeds I am interested in the gallery under the title "all show and no go". I am very interested in the Irish, Patterdale, and Black&Tan terriers and welcome any advice or info concerning the breeds, training, after hunt medical care, etc. There is one thing that I am almost certain of from my limited research, and that is it would seem best to have your "young working terrier in training" around and in the field with Working Terriers!!! Would you agree?

Warmest Regards

Keep'em Workin!

I will be working ALOT and I mean Alot of private acreage with tons of Raccons, Rats, Oppossum, Ground hogs, Rats, Badgers, Rabbits, coyote, and did I mention rats? I posted some pics of breeds I am interested in the gallery under the title "all show and no go". I am very interested in the Irish, Patterdale, and Black&Tan terriers and welcome any advice or info concerning the breeds, training, after hunt medical care, etc. There is one thing that I am almost certain of from my limited research, and that is it would seem best to have your "young working terrier in training" around and in the field with Working Terriers!!! Would you agree?

Warmest Regards

probably mate yeah,saying that there are dogs that will self enter having seen nothing not even a carcass before.do you not have friends with dogs?.theres pleanty at it over there mate maybe join an american site and try and contact somone?good luck anyway and if i can help with anything else just ask mate.

and id say most terriers even the ones no good for the ground will kill rats if thats your main interest.....just try and find terriers from working stock if your going to take it seriously.happy hunting.

and id say most terriers even the ones no good for the ground will kill rats if thats your main interest.....just try and find terriers from working stock if your going to take it seriously.happy hunting.

Thanks for the reply greggy and yes initially I feel rats would be the safest and easiest way for me and the dogs to progress to larger game/quarry. Also I am in no rush i plan on coming to visit my uncle in Belgium soon and would like to look at some of the breeds I mentioned in my post in the gallery. I am looking at some of the clubs and organizations here in the U.S. but I would prefer breeders from the U.K., excuse me if that sounds biased towards European breeders? Maybe after i learn more about the breeds/breeders/cost etc., if I saw what I liked here in the U.S. I would buy from a U.S. breeder.

Warmest Regards