fox shooting

Glad it helped. Ive applied for a .223. It seemed a logical choice for fox and also for rabbits at a distance.

The 22-250 did get a (slightly) better write-up but ammo price was a factor. Was tempted to get a .243 but i go out with a friends and its just a little too much imo, and i dont have any intention (at the moment) of shooting deer.

Guest JohnGalway

On the calibre question I figure you first need to decide whether you want to shoot deer or not ;) That will remove one aspect then of which rifle you'll go for :yes: If you can get deer permission and are interested in stalking then .243. So you'd have the one rifle for boith jobs, and more importantly a very good reason for having it when you go see the long arm of the law. I'm unsure how they look at .243 here for fox only so I won't comment.

i was in the same boat as you are now, but wanted a fox gun got the .223 and it done it's job but i change a year later for .243 got the deer cert and i still shoot foxes with it, it was the tikka t3 lite, i also buy my shit from paul, so its like this if its just fox 22.250 if you going to shot deer then .243 it's that easy

chers sounder

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0372-1.jpg

DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

7foxs003.jpg

Hi mate , have you thought about the CZ 527 in .223 cal, synthetic stock, Very good rifle for foxing accurate , lasts a lifetime, ammo friendly, and cheaper compared to others in the same class... have a read up on them you wont be dissapointed..

Enjoy :clapper::clapper:

Hi mate , have you thought about the CZ 527 in .223 cal, synthetic stock, Very good rifle for foxing accurate , lasts a lifetime, ammo friendly, and cheaper compared to others in the same class... have a read up on them you wont be dissapointed..

Enjoy :clapper::clapper:

keith ill check that out thanks