Big thin dog

Better remove her immediately! Poor uncared for mutt. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i tried to get her to turn around so he could get a face shot off her but she hates the flash :laugh:

why is it that the rspca go running to see a thin dog, but every day you see fat over weight dogs been crippled by their owner,walking about the streets but no ones bothered,

the rspca really gets my back up

ps your dog looks in great shape kay, you should be proud

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

why is it that the rspca go running to see a thin dog, but every day you see fat over weight dogs been crippled by their owner,walking about the streets but no ones bothered,

the rspca really gets my back up

ps your dog looks in great shape kay, you should be proud

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I do think love them or loath them, theres a lot off calls they must get just like this, waste of fuel if you ask me :thumbdown: when they maybe could be dealing with an animal thats been neglected or whatever

I dont understand it. :no:

Your country has gone mad. :thumbdown:

I am all for helping abused animals, but picking on someone pet like that is going to far.

The real starving emaciated hounds are the one's you never see and are locked in some shed somewhere being bred to death. Litter after litter.

Thats the type of dog that needs help.

Why cant the RSPCA concentrate on more important matters?

Edited by cúagusgiorraí
I dont understand it. :no:

Your country has gone mad. :thumbdown:

I am all for helping abused animals, but picking on someone pet like that is going to far.

The real starving emaciated hounds are the one's you never see and are locked in some shed somewhere being bred to death. Litter after litter.

Thats the type of dog that needs help.

Why cant the RSPCA concentrate on more important matters?

i couldnt agree more :thumbs:

I take the greyhound out about half a dozon times a day because i dont have grass on the back for her to empty her tank on , she only does it on grass , so its no hardship to pop on a lead & off we go for 10 mins

On returning less than an hour ago there was an RSPCA van outside & the bloke got out & spoke to me , they had been phoned about a thin dog , :blink:

Less than a min passed by & he was satisfied & on his way, i just wish people would ask first before assuming the animal is starved or something

I am not bitter , angry annoyed i will find out who it was & simply thank them for being so observent :)

When coursing was legal I used to bike my saluki x around where I live ,had a run in with a woman who has a retired Greyhound ,she told me what I was doing was cruel ,I pointed out that the dog loves the bike,she said it was starved I pointed out her Greyhound was as fat as a pig,we parted on less than friendly terms .A couple of days later I got a visit from an RSPCA officer ,young girl,a bout 20 . She asked to see my dogs ,I told her she had no right to see them but as I had nothing to hide she could ,she came in ,and I showed her my three,then she asked to see my starved greyhound,I explained it was a saluki x and she was looking at him,She ran her hands over the dog and said she had never seen a dog so fit ,not that she knew her arse from her elbow ,but she was pleasant enough. I said I know who complained about my dogs so do me a favour and tell that lady what conclusion you have come to regarding the condition of my dogs ,and that as she can't tell the difference between a half x saluki and a greyhound she should keep her ignorant mouth shut.

I dont think people realise the damage it does when an animal carrys way to much weight , you would think a greyhound owner would know better though, sadly another dog who would probably die before its time :no:

Unfortunately some people see the negative press the racing industry gets concerning greyhound welfare and think that they have to take on a retired dog 'to do their bit'. I was one of these people but I did my research into the breed long before I got one.

I have seen the fattest greyhound that i've ever seen in the same town I live in that was rehomed by the rescue I got Paris from. They asked me to go and check the home out and when I got there I was told that the dog was fed on leftovers from dinner, walked into town and back once a day (about 15 mins walk) and didn't get any other exercise.

When asked my opinion on whether or not the dog should be removed I agreed that it should, I don't know if they removed the dog in the end or not but those people clearly didn't have a clue and what annoyed me most is that the poor dog was the sweetest animal you could wish to meet with a lovely nature and they lived 50 yards from the beach!

Unfortunately some people see the negative press the racing industry gets concerning greyhound welfare and think that they have to take on a retired dog 'to do their bit'. I was one of these people but I did my research into the breed long before I got one.

I have seen the fattest greyhound that i've ever seen in the same town I live in that was rehomed by the rescue I got Paris from. They asked me to go and check the home out and when I got there I was told that the dog was fed on leftovers from dinner, walked into town and back once a day (about 15 mins walk) and didn't get any other exercise.

When asked my opinion on whether or not the dog should be removed I agreed that it should, I don't know if they removed the dog in the end or not but those people clearly didn't have a clue and what annoyed me most is that the poor dog was the sweetest animal you could wish to meet with a lovely nature and they lived 50 yards from the beach!

theres hell of a lot of overweight labradores round here more so than any other breed