Big thin dog

I take the greyhound out about half a dozon times a day because i dont have grass on the back for her to empty her tank on , she only does it on grass , so its no hardship to pop on a lead & off we go for 10 mins

On returning less than an hour ago there was an RSPCA van outside & the bloke got out & spoke to me , they had been phoned about a thin dog , :blink:

Less than a min passed by & he was satisfied & on his way, i just wish people would ask first before assuming the animal is starved or something

I am not bitter , angry annoyed i will find out who it was & simply thank them for being so observent :)

youll need to feed her more and get some good raw flesh into her yur cruel lol

If they had seen her 6 weeks ago then i would have agreed , she was thin , but as she had half her insides removed i am hardly supprised , its just i suspect people have fat overweight dogs & think anything thats not huge is being starved :laugh:

ah now kay arent you feeding your poor dog i knew you were really a wicked woman :tongue2: only kiddin i bet your pissed off rightly .Do you know who rang em?

No idea who it was but the local gossip will know , so i think a coffee mornings in order :laugh:

hope yer not making her sleep in that tent of yours too or there will be trouble :whistling:

What in this wind :laugh: that tent was tiny though lord only knows how we got in it let alone slept in it :laugh:

Typical bloody Idiot public.

Yup it is a fact the they are Jaded by what they think is a dog that is 'the right weight' and a dog the 'ACTUALLY IS' The right weight. Bother causers who wouldn't know the difference between one breed to another half the time.

Idont know whats wrong with people round here, every other house has a dog off some kind & i see at least 3 people come past with greyhounds or lurchers everyday .

Its not troubled me in any way, but why the hell dont folks just ask , i would willingly bore the arse off them with what she used to do & what she is like now, maybe i look totally unapproachable for some reason, i dunno :laugh:

On one of the lurcher forums I used to go on a bunnyhugger tried reporting me to the RSPCA for keeping my dogs in my conservatory at night and because Phoenix was thin. I agree he was thin but he had picked something up and I was on top of it, the bitch didn't come to me to ask me about it she went behind my back, read all previous posts I had made and found out where i'd got my dogs from and contacted both rescues concerned and tried to report me! :angry:

I'd be livid Kay, ignorance or not what right do these people have?!

Do these look poorly treated, starving and unhappy dogs?!

post-11040-1211827027.jpg

Well i am supprised i am not angry :laugh: ,i will find out who did it , i just feel a bit deflated really , i am tempted to put her coat on her now when i walk her , but at the end of the day the bloke who came was happy as soon as he saw what type off dog she was , its not as if you can see her spine now like you could 6 weeks ago so i know she has gained weight

Maybe a few yrs ago i would have gone beserk , but i must have mellowed in me old age :laugh:

I was really angry. Still am because anyone who knows me will know that I dote on my dogs! Phoenix was thin, quite a bit thinner thatn he is now but as I say, I was on top of the situation and working on him. I certainly wasn't ignoring the issue! I don't know for sure what was wrong with him even now but he's fine and happy and still doted on!

I had the same thing happen to me once following a call from a "concerned neighbour." The really ironic thing was that the "poor skinny dog" was not only a half bred but was also a pup so was actually chunkier looking than he turned out as an adult. I got really irate with the RSPCA bloke then apologised as it wasn't actually his fault. When I invited him in to see the dog he was gob-smacked and actually quite pi**ed off at having his time wasted, so much so that, although calls are supposed to be confidential, he told me which of my neighbours it was. :clapper: