Sussex Bulldogs

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. Does anyone have any information on a type of dog called the Sussex Bulldog? I emailed a Clive Treliving but he wanted my private details before he would give me any information and all his postings on prodoggrooming about the 'breed' are very defensive.

Never heard of them, sounds like an earner though :whistling:

Thanks anyway. I will keep looking. There is a photo of one on the Bulldog Rescue Site and they are fine looking dogs, but they don't seem to be recognised by the Kennel Club, though Clive Treliving claims that they are a breed and have been breeding true for generations. They look like a cross between a bulldog and a bull mastiff.

Pretty sure they are just another version of the old time bulldog i imagine sussex is simply the area the particular breeder lived....cant see the name having any other meaning.....think another type is the dorset ?....think they are all chasing pretty much the same market some are bound to be better than others and would think they all think they have the best....not much different to any other breed really.

britbull stafford back to britbull dont be fooled by anyone [bANNED TEXT] they go for big bucks down south but theres a guy i used to keep in touch with hes got the best of the best when it comes to britbulls and britbull mixes hes called charlie pounder not got his number of hand but hes well known in north east shouldnt be hard to find him i got a really good dog of him.

C.P. has a few impresive bulldogs if you like that type of dog. he showed me a young dog he has the last time i was at his and he was awsume. what a bulldog should look like in my opinion. very fit, agile real nice