Ferrets at market?

how many have you bred? i dont think they need be sold at a market, how would you know who they were going to?

if they sell for 50p its a good live treat for snakes :o

Im pretty sure a snake wouldnt touch a ferret let alone try to kill it, in wich case i dont think it would.

He means 'kill'

BRB is an extreme hunter of 20 years experience. It's what they do :wallbash:

Who the hell do you think your are?

I thought you wernt anti-hunting :thumbdown: ?

Do us all a favour and get off this (let me remind you again... HUNTING website!

Guest Magwitch

Ive only ever banged one ferret on the noodle and that was to put it out of its misery, people how breed these kits without thinking about there welfare are numpties plain and simple they do ferreting and fieldsports no end of damage. who needs anti's when you have numpties :laugh:

Guest jojoamojo

dont know anyone thick enough to breed them then kill them cause they cant find a home, thats f****d up, workers or bunny huggers, you dont cull animals cause you cant get a home! *wanders off shaking head

He means 'kill'

Do us all a favour and get off this (let me remind you again... HUNTING website!

I think I'm me, well I was when I last checked....

And I'm not anti-hunting. Not if it's done with a bit of respect for the animals involved. Which BRB patently fails to show.

Get your dictionary out and look up the word 'irony' :laugh::laugh::laugh:

they were selling for as much as 30 quid at lanark market last year

:icon_eek::icon_eek: Crikey, they were going for 50p a kit at Melton market. At least if someone paid £30 I'd feel they really wanted the ferret and would more than likely look after it.

you can pick albino hob kits up for 50p at melton simoman , but coloured jills , sivers and blacks fetch good money there nowadays especialy if you hold on to them till september.

watched a suposedly europien polecat x ferret go through last winter for £75 :o yes you red that correct £75 , seen other black jils go through at the £40 mark

He means 'kill'

And I'm not anti-hunting. Not if it's done with a bit of respect for the animals involved. Which BRB patently fails to show.

Will you shut up, you are a fool!

How is he mistreating animals if he kills them humanely, its called HUNTING, something YOU dont do :wallbash: .

I've been trying to buy two Sandy or Albino jills for about 3 weeks and can't seem to find any in the whole of Cambridgeire!

Are you sure ther's that many about?

Steve

There is loads about on sites like preloved.com. But these are mainly pets and rarely working lines

:

He means 'kill'

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: well said droid

Edited by bobdog
I've been trying to buy two Sandy or Albino jills for about 3 weeks and can't seem to find any in the whole of Cambridgeire!

Are you sure ther's that many about?

Steve

Give it a few weeks .There are still a lot of kits in the nest or yet to be born. Going back 20-25 years we used to buy and sell ferrets ,pet rabbits and poultry at our local (now built on ) market.Most of the folk buying and selling were no different from the sorts that buy privatly except fot the odd "dealer" or pet shop owner.One guy regually bought as many decent looking freds as he could which was great if you were selling but tended to push the prices up if you wanted to buy cheap..This chap had a deal with a vet . They tamed and immunised the kits and sent them to America for the pet market. Back then prices could work -out as low as 35p per kit for a job-lot box of babies.A well presented jill might go for £2 or£3 on a very good day which was more than you'd pay privatly .One really black polecat jill presented in a neat little straw -lined box with a bunny leg to advertise the fact that she was properly fed went for £14.The regulars were incredulous whilst my little girl bounced with excitement .It was one of the litter I'd entrusted to her to feed and handle.I think she blew the profits on baby rabbits.