Ferrets at market?

What sort of prices do ferrets make at market. my local auctioneer offered to sell mine at the poultry market :whistling::icon_eek:

Ferrets often go for a little as 50p, I would never sell mine at market. I'd prefer to give them away to good homes.

sorry. but I am feeling a bit annoyed about selling them as I have just received an email saying: Hello i am afraid i have got bad news for you, my dad has just come home with two hob ferrets a polecat and a silver mitt both aged 6-7 weeks so i am very sorry to say that i will no longer be needing your baby's i am very sorry but i did not know my dad was ganna suprise me as i do not live with him he did not know yet that i had ferrets booked with you, He got them from camborne and the polecat was 7 pounds and the silver mitt being that colour was 20 pounds they are cute but my appologies are sent to you,I would still like to know how there getting on. Many thanks and sorry once again corrina.

so am a little pissed off. lol. I may ask a few questins for a while (just ignore me lol)

Guest jojoamojo

how many have you bred? i dont think they need be sold at a market, how would you know who they were going to?

if they sell for 50p its a good live treat for snakes :o

they were selling for as much as 30 quid at lanark market last year

:icon_eek::icon_eek: Crikey, they were going for 50p a kit at Melton market. At least if someone paid £30 I'd feel they really wanted the ferret and would more than likely look after it.

they were selling for as much as 30 quid at lanark market last year

:icon_eek::icon_eek: Crikey, they were going for 50p a kit at Melton market. At least if someone paid £30 I'd feel they really wanted the ferret and would more than likely look after it.

F@KIN ELL 30 NICKER FOR A GILL some soft tw@t spent that on a ferret

I will tell ye theres some stupid people in this world

see ye at melton :) rubbing hands and seeing ££££ signs lol :)

see ye at melton :) rubbing hands and seeing ££££ signs lol :)

Trouble is although your having a laugh...I think ;) Far too many people see any animal as a disposable tool and treat it as a commodity rather than an member of the team.

how many have you bred? i dont think they need be sold at a market, how would you know who they were going to?

if they sell for 50p its a good live treat for snakes :o

Thats what I thought. You would have to put a pretty high reserve on them I suppose

seems harsh but if you have no room then cull them, if ya don't have the heart give them to a young kid starting out or a freind starting out, personally i would choose option 2 but if there was no option but to cull then i would