Spring and summer ferreting

Been winter ferreting for a couple of seasons now but have some land that I work that would be much easier to get at the rabbits with the ferrets and shot gun. What's the general view on using ferrets this time of year.

Cheers

Its not something I find easy to be honest but Im still ferreting at the minute. Not on farm land but in peoples gardens. Ive had so many calls lately about rabbits munching their way through peoples plants in their gardens. The cover is getting quite bad though and to be honest Im hoping that this saturday will be my last spring/ summer trip with the ferrets. Ive got plans to go early morning shooting instead with my air rifle and Im hoping to use longnetting as another means aswell. Good luck to you though and make sure you have some good gardening gloves as I got stung to bits last week off the nettles! :doh:

Definitely go with the gloves...and long sleeves too unless you like being stung and scratched to bits :)

A bottle of water and drinking bowl for your ferts is a must too, as is the spade.....

I'm still out n about as my permissions want on going rabbit control but it gets tougher by the week...

Also take a dog to help you find the holes :yes:

HH

G.

Im lucky because I live right on the edge of bodmin moor. The cover isnt too bad up there if you know where to go and as I live on a farm I know the right people and have access to most of the moors. The rabbits tend to start breeding properly a bit later there aswell.

i ferret all year round mate just tend not to do headges this time of year mainly ground burys, but locator isa must after my mate losing his hob back along because we didnt use one ona a like 20ft deep warren :thumbdown: