kay i started running around the block to loos a bit of lard now i have done 4 full marathons have to set your self a target and go for it

Well i will set out some targets for the next few months , there is a chap at work who runs & i asked him & he said just do a bit more each time i feel i can get that bit futher on & so apart from loosing a bit of lard what else did you gain from running

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started to go running just after dark so no one sees me :laugh: & already i feel better than i did a few weeks back , does anyone else run

lol no need to be emmbarased if anyone steres at u give them the middle finger :tongue2:

i ran in p.e today 300meters im 41 seconds imso tierd now lol

:o have you been on some kind of drug

I have started to go running just after dark so no one sees me :laugh: & already i feel better than i did a few weeks back , does anyone else run

lol no need to be emmbarased if anyone steres at u give them the middle finger :tongue2:

Is that quick as i have no idea how far 300 meters is :laugh:

Hi Kay, good on you for getting out there and running.

I like to cycle. I cover much more ground and give the dogs a harder run.

I find that I get a good workout from it. Also there's so much fun on a wet and rainy day speeding through large puddles and ground water.

Is that quick as i have no idea how far 300 meters is :laugh:

i would have said so, but im not that fast unless theres an angry game keeper or the po-lice behind me :gunsmilie:

or a horse (dont ask) :victory:

you gain a better quality of life when your fitter i se in people every day i run a pro kickboxing gym and se the change all the time

I wont argue with that , i had a few bouts of pleurecy & a blood clot a couple of yrs back , but i lost a few pounds & i felt better for just doing that as far as breathing goes

Well done Kay, keep it up you'll feel better for it. I enjoy walking out and especially with the footpacks on the fells, it certainly keeps me fit. During summer I bike it in work when I can. I've been off work this week so I've been out every day walking somewhere. Saturday I did the yorkshire Three Peaks, a 26 miler, tuesday I was on the Kinder Scout and today I've walked from Edale to home...about 23 miles. Feet up time tomorrow I think. :)

My old man is 60 and walks every weekend, mostly 10-15 miles, I get tired driving that distance. I take the dogs running alongside the pushbike each night about 3 miles and thats enough for me............

Well done that woman, :whistling:

three simple steps when starting out,1) warm up 2)run 3) warm down.

good shoes are needed if running like asics GEL. which are excellent. costly though but better than poor joints later on in life.

i used to run to a very high standard in my youth. 100 metres in 11.7 secs was my best short distance.

OH i forgot the forth most important thing As i never had the use for one A SPORTS BRA............................ :icon_redface::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Well done that woman, :whistling:

three simple steps when starting out,1) warm up 2)run 3) warm down.

good shoes are needed if running like asics GEL. which are excellent. costly though but better than poor joints later on in life.

i used to run to a very high standard in my youth. 100 metres in 11.7 secs was my best short distance.

OH i forgot the forth most important thing As i never had the use for one A SPORTS BRA............................ :icon_redface::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sports bra , why do you think i wont do it in daylight :laugh: