to run or not to run

iam an idiot .. :victory: ...imo aslong as you keep it interested the odd night on the lamp and the odd day on the bunnies ...they learn nothing in the kennel ...now i not saying go full tilt with it but yes i would keeep a hand in .....

iam an idiot .. :victory:

:laugh: You should keep the dogs kenneled over the summer and stick to selectivly roping your intended quarry :toast::tongue2:

not been having much sucsess with the rope mate :whistling: ,,,so i thought i would be a idiot for a while :clapper::clapper::clapper:

i made big statments a month or so ago saying it was the end of the season for me and the dogs!!! iv been promising to go to a couple of new farms all year and i got a phone call saying come and mop up the bunnies or they will be getting gassed so im hard at it again....if you have plenty of ground and your not fussed if the numbers are down next year go out and bash some bunnies.... a dog learns nothing in a kennal... :victory::victory:

Guest smashygadge

i get most off my permission and farmers looking for some control in the summer

and if you have a fit dog i dont see the harm.it can come in quite cold on even the hottest of summer days over night one the dews on the ground also a nice walk somtimes not having to go covered in a layer of clothes :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
i made big statments a month or so ago saying it was the end of the season for me and the dogs!!! iv been promising to go to a couple of new farms all year and i got a phone call saying come and mop up the bunnies or they will be getting gassed so im hard at it again....if you have plenty of ground and your not fussed if the numbers are down next year go out and bash some bunnies.... a dog learns nothing in a kennal... :victory::victory:

same here mate phones been red hot this year was looking grim in winter permission popping out me ears now.and you have to think alot of landowners dont like it done at winter due to winter shooting syndicates :thumbs:

IMO Mate i would just keep goin, with it being a young dog it wont do the dog any harm aslong as you dont over run him in the heat. I just give my dogs a break through the summer as i work them hard in the winter and when i say a break i still take them for the odd days with the ferrets and the odd nights lampin :thumbs:

If you've plenty of ground and plenty of quarry and need to bring a pup on or got pest controlling to do, then carry on but there's no point other than these to run experienced dogs during the summer.