Rough or Smooth

i like my rough ive got two rough bitch's ther deerhound collie grayhound's one's just over 2 year old and the other one is 8 year old and still do's her job and ive got a pure sulkie he's smooth and about 16 month old and ive just got him runing rabbit so he's ready for next year hear's a pic of them

post-12318-1211026179_thumb.jpg

post-12318-1211026196_thumb.jpg

post-12318-1211026275_thumb.jpg

i like my rough ive got two rough bitch's ther deerhound collie grayhound's one's just over 2 year old and the other one is 8 year old and still do's her job and ive got a pure sulkie he's smooth and about 16 month old and ive just got him runing rabbit so he's ready for next year hear's a pic of them

there smashing looking dogs.

I had a rough coated lurcher once who's coat was so thick I remember him getting snagged on a loose bit of barbed wire, he just pulled himself free leaving behind a tuft of hair on the wire with no damage to his skin. However, when he got wet he stank for days. I prefer a good tight, thick, smooth coat over decent skin.

You will prob find a coat type is usually dictated by a persons preference of a certain type or cross of lurcher...for example the guy who likes his bull types will have smooth coated dogs and the guy who likes his deerhound will have.............you get the picture,obviously some folk dont have a preference of type and some go for lurcher x lurcher bred dogs so they get what they get,but now something to think on...........if you have a cracking all rounder which has a heavy rough coat and you decide to give it a wee haircut with the clippers,suprisingly you will find it will still kill the same amount of game :thumbs:

Guest dotty

i have both. the rough coated one has paper thin skin and the coat is ok and the smooth one has a very good skin and a very good thick coat, but yet still a smooth coat. when it comes to barbed wire the smooth coated one would be better off.

post-12141-1211060254_thumb.jpg

post-12141-1211060275_thumb.jpg