new member well kinda

hi all

i know i've been on here for a couple of weeks now but i just thought it would be good to let you lovely lot know abit about myself and the brats

i have 26 ferrets , there is two packs both have big courts one is a 12foot shed , soon to be upgraded with out door pen and the other court is 20foot by 6foot with open mesh front which are cleaned out every other day so they dont smell. yes they are pets but im intrested in learning all i can about working which is why im here , someday i hope to be able to work some of my lot, then they can get there own dinner. some of my ferrets are from workers or have worked . they are feed on meat as often as i can get it, normally i have to go to auction and stock up that way and from time to time i get a load of pigeons from a local farmer

so if i ask a silly question please dont hold it against me or if i answer something wrong please tell me ,

i've had ferrets for just over 10years and have helped out with rescues. but theres still lots i dont know and i want to learn

:victory:

lol never have and i never will , even when i got my 1st two i used to go to the reptail shop and get mice, rats and chicks . i like giving my lot a mix of all foods

i have edited this post cos i put something down that came across wrong lol i can be brain dead at times

Edited by dru
. i cant see how people can only feed dry foods

Dead easy...strap 20kg to the back of the bike, bugger off home, open bag......

Mine get chicken wings occasionally, but if you'd discovered a rotting wing behind the sofa (thought it was my personal hygiene at first.... :icon_eek: ) then your attitude to dry might mellow slightly..... :laugh:

Fine looking ferrets you've got there, Dru.

Accommodation's a bit huge though.....wouldn't you be better off with a hutch or two at the bottom of the garden? :whistling::laugh:

Edited by droid
hi all

i know i've been on here for a couple of weeks now but i just thought it would be good to let you lovely lot know abit about myself and the brats

i have 26 ferrets , there is two packs both have big courts one is a 12foot shed , soon to be upgraded with out door pen and the other court is 20foot by 6foot with open mesh front which are cleaned out every other day so they dont smell. yes they are pets but im intrested in learning all i can about working which is why im here , someday i hope to be able to work some of my lot, then they can get there own dinner. some of my ferrets are from workers or have worked . they are feed on meat as often as i can get it, normally i have to go to auction and stock up that way and from time to time i get a load of pigeons from a local farmer

so if i ask a silly question please dont hold it against me or if i answer something wrong please tell me ,

i've had ferrets for just over 10years and have helped out with rescues. but theres still lots i dont know and i want to learn

:victory:

Welcome to the forum Dru..I dont think anyone on here has an issue with pet ferret owners per se..only on occasion some get a bit emotional and unrealistic around the working aspect of things..keep an open mind there mate..

Welcome to the site! :bye: Fair play to you, I bet you got your hands full with that lot! They look like happy ferts. :thumbs:

You're certainly in the right place to learn the art of working your ferrets, I came back to ferreting last year, after a gap of 20 years, I last had ferrets when I was around 10, and I used to poach with my Dad! I have learned a hell of a lot from this site, and have found the folk on here very helpful. If you have a question to ask, don't be scared to post it. Another point is that there is a lot of knowledge in this section, & the search box is a very helpful tool. :thumbs: