working bloodlines

Friedrice...believe it or not..you do not know a great deal about ferrets otherwise you would not make such statements as you have re show / working lines being no different..tell me how many show ferrets you have worked...or seen work..or their offspring..

hi there.. not to cause a fuss of anything...

My ferrets are from good working lines.. and took MORE than their share of ribbons at the shows last year. We attended a show a week from May to September and i dont remember one time coming home with less than 1 first place or best in show.

They also work damn well in the winter and we've a freezer full of rabbit to prove it.

Working ferrets Can be show ferrets!

All ferrets owned by women can multi task :laugh::toast:

that is so true kay

Lets face it most blokes cant even do 1 thing at a time let alone several :laugh:

I think it would be stupid of someone to do several things at a time Kay..do things one at a time and do it right is what I would say !!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedrice...believe it or not..you do not know a great deal about ferrets otherwise you would not make such statements as you have re show / working lines being no different..tell me how many show ferrets you have worked...or seen work..or their offspring..

hi there.. not to cause a fuss of anything...

My ferrets are from good working lines.. and took MORE than their share of ribbons at the shows last year. We attended a show a week from May to September and i dont remember one time coming home with less than 1 first place or best in show.

They also work damn well in the winter and we've a freezer full of rabbit to prove it.

Working ferrets Can be show ferrets!

All ferrets owned by women can multi task :laugh::toast:

I bet that only applies to Jills though Kay lol

course :laugh:

Lets face it most blokes cant even do 1 thing at a time let alone several :laugh:

Bollocks.

I can drink beer and smoke tabs at the same time :laugh:

You would :laugh:

Guest friedrice

crow wing all i can say is my old jill is one of the best showing and working ferrets in england :yes:

best in 18 shows last year, and had ower thirty rabbits with her. dont that tell you something.

crow wing all i can say is my old jill is one of the best showing and working ferrets in england :yes:

best in 18 shows last year, and had ower thirty rabbits with her. dont that tell you something.

it certainly does, [refer to a previous post]

Guest friedrice

it certainly does, [refer to a previous post]

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

this is fun :toast:

You stand the best chance possible getting a good working ferret from good working stock, yes a ferret is a ferret but some have more desire than others, this desire is probably the first thing you will loose when breeding pet or show ferrets.

The season before last season I bred a cracker (I'm having to start over again after given up my ferrets as went on the road for a spell a few years back) she stands head and shoulders above the others in working ability she is simply relentless thats not to say the others are crap far from it but she is consistantly better and I think this is what it comes down to if you and wanting a muck about ferret I dare say most will work of a fashion, however if you want best chances of a real good'un go with who ever works his ferrets the most and get your kit from him.

You stand the best chance possible getting a good working ferret from good working stock, yes a ferret is a ferret but some have more desire than others, this desire is probably the first thing you will loose when breeding pet or show ferrets.

The season before last season I bred a cracker (I'm having to start over again after given up my ferrets as went on the road for a spell a few years back) she stands head and shoulders above the others in working ability she is simply relentless thats not to say the others are crap far from it but she is consistantly better and I think this is what it comes down to if you and wanting a muck about ferret I dare say most will work of a fashion, however if you want best chances of a real good'un go with who ever works his ferrets the most and get your kit from him.

Hope you get back on track mate ive still got two of your albino's Bloody Cracking Workers