working bloodlines

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been offered some kits for free but there are no working bloodlines so i was wondering if i could still get them to work just as easy?

well i dont suppose the ferret knows its not got a working line in its blood, if there healthy & sound go for it :thumbs:

ive been offered some kits for free but there are no working bloodlines so i was wondering if i could still get them to work just as easy?

Hi Steffan...if they are for work then perhaps they are best left where they are mate...sometimes free gifts turn out to be quite expensive..if having kept them for a while to find out they are shite..

There will be lots of kits available from good working stock soon..may or may not be free but they will certainly be nominally priced..personally..I would wait until the right stuff becomes available..good luck

Hi Steffan...if they are for work then perhaps they are best left where they are mate...sometimes free gifts turn out to be quite expensive..if having kept them for a while to find out they are shite..

There will be lots of kits available from good working stock soon..may or may not be free but they will certainly be nominally priced..personally..I would wait until the right stuff becomes available..good luck

Thats good advice mate .If you have them and their sh**e Your stuck with them .There will be lots free soon :good:

i took a couple of pets from a guy last season (DUE TO ILNESS) they both turned out to be decent workers. i think if you go where there is an abundence of rabbits ,any ferret will find it,s natural hunting instincts,you may just have to be a bit patient...

Slightly off-topic, but something that intrigues me:

Is there any difference in hunting ability between those litters where just the jill is left with the kits, and those where the hob is also present?

Slightly off-topic, but something that intrigues me:

Is there any difference in hunting ability between those litters where just the jill is left with the kits, and those where the hob is also present?

obviously most people take the hob out .. cause what if?? But Stubby might be able to give us some clues later in the year when His new group start hunting.. would be interested to see the results but i cant figure out why there might be a difference...

Whats the reason for ferrets born to working parents who arnt any good though

Slow learners?

ASBO-ferrets?

Mutant mong retards??? :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Guest friedrice

the whole subject of working ferrets verses show ferrets is one of the biggest myths

that anyone could read or heard.

ferrets are ferrets. they dont know when they are born if they from show or working lines,if there is sutch a thing.

and please dont tell me that ferrets from working lines are better, the only difference is that the show ferrets are used for showing

by they're owners wishes, and not worked, like workers of other ferrets would not show them, but only work.

ferrets are ferrets, but some times you do get some workers that stand out from the rest. but then again you also get ferrets that

looks better than most.

i hope this in some way makes sence.

ferrets will always be ferrets.

Guest Magwitch

Slow learners?

ASBO-ferrets?

I hope your not laughing at my Brenda :hmm:

Slow learners?

ASBO-ferrets?

I hope your not laughing at my Brenda :hmm:

No way she is lovely :laugh:

the whole subject of working ferrets verses show ferrets is one of the biggest myths

that anyone could read or heard.

ferrets are ferrets. they dont know when they are born if they from show or working lines,if there is sutch a thing.

and please dont tell me that ferrets from working lines are better, the only difference is that the show ferrets are used for showing

by they're owners wishes, and not worked, like workers of other ferrets would not show them, but only work.

ferrets are ferrets, but some times you do get some workers that stand out from the rest. but then again you also get ferrets that

looks better than most.

i hope this in some way makes sence.

ferrets will always be ferrets.

couldnt agree more a ferrets a ferret :thumbs: