American Miniature Horse Stallion

I was talking to one of my customers who breeds American miniature horses, she told me she had heard some bad news from one of her friends that lives in Texas, she said that the fella in Texas gets troubled by coyotes killing livestock and off his ranch he has lost 20 odd miniature horses in 12 months, on this day he looked out of his window and saw a pack of coyotes round one of his horses, he ran outside with his rifle and downed two of them and the rest ran off, when he got over he found it was his stallion dead, it was a world champion and worth £45,000

I was talking to one of my customers who breeds American miniature horses, she told me she had heard some bad news from one of her friends that lives in Texas, she said that the fella in Texas gets troubled by coyotes killing livestock and off his ranch he has lost 20 odd miniature horses in 12 months, on this day he looked out of his window and saw a pack of coyotes round one of his horses, he ran outside with his rifle and downed two of them and the rest ran off, when he got over he found it was his stallion dead, it was a world champion and worth £45,000

Ouch... Thats gotta hurt.

Big fan of wolves but not of coyotes, I think of them in similar terms as jackals and dingos.

H

i have snared coyotes out in canada, in some states , and provinces , they can weigh over 70 lbs. and can do some serious damage , to sheep and cattle , also house pets , they are also a danger to children playing outside, infaact one grabbed a small child a few days ago in america in the back garden , and the house maid had a tug of war with the bast#rd before it would let go . my mate and i snared 6 in two days at one farm as they were killing the ducks and hens through the day.

Maybe he should breed proper horses and not man made pointless creatures like that.If its worth that much money he should keep it in the house. Shouldn't he have taken notice when the other 11 were killed?? :gunsmilie:

Rant over :icon_redface:

• 4 weeks later...

Were they falabellas?? was looking into getting some land for my old bosses to breed these a few years ago.

thriller.jpg

They are tiny and indeed a target for wild animals, security has to be at the top of the list if you have these animals.

Maybe he should breed proper horses and not man made pointless creatures like that.If its worth that much money he should keep it in the house. Shouldn't he have taken notice when the other 11 were killed?? :gunsmilie:

Rant over :icon_redface:

What, like Great Danes are "proper" Dogs and Jack Russells are ankle nipping pointless creatures? :whistling:

Were they falabellas?? was looking into getting some land for my old bosses to breed these a few years ago.

thriller.jpg

They are tiny and indeed a target for wild animals, security has to be at the top of the list if you have these animals.

"Honey,I shrunk the horse" :clapper: Thats beautiful :victory: Its a perfect little horse in minature :victory:

Guest friedrice

i wouldent have a £45,000 stalion out in the field. a cock in the field will get it before his hens,maybe the stalion had it before his mares in a bigger scale of things. but for coyotes to take a stallion ?they must have been hungry

• 1 month later...