my first snares with tealers

ive just knocked up afew snares on tealers both double and single tealers,the singles are made with a heavyduty ht wire and was a real bugger to bend,the other is whats called a double tealer and is made from a thinner guage wire,i am yet to attach the pegs and lines.

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

i shall set these early evening and with a bit of luck have a bunny breakfast!

thanks for looking!

Looking pretty good fishfish. I have only made the double tealers myself using a home made jig. I should think you did have problems bending the 2.5 mil galv too!

I made about a hundred of them (snares and tealers) and have only got two out! Two rabbits so far, both to one snare, but then there are hardly any rabbits about here, there are more birds of prey, magpies, jays and squirrels than rabbits!

Keep it up and hope you fill your wires.

H

ive just knocked up afew snares on tealers both double and single tealers,the singles are made with a heavyduty ht wire and was a real bugger to bend,the other is whats called a double tealer and is made from a thinner guage wire,i am yet to attach the pegs and lines.

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

thanks for looking!

you are getting there son, put 5 turns around the tealer shaftat the grip. then lay tealer flat and bevel grip or handle with a tap from the hammer , also tap the base of your tealer in so that it will enter into the ground easier , and never ever use high tensil wire , or you will be there for a week trying to make one. shape your loop better with the striking curve in the middle of the bottom of the loop , by the way i,m talking about your double tealers , not the single ones .

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

thanks for looking!

you are getting there son, put 5 turns around the tealer shaftat the grip. then lay tealer flat and bevel grip or handle with a tap from the hammer , also tap the base of your tealer in so that it will enter into the ground easier , and never ever use high tensil wire , or you will be there for a week trying to make one. shape your loop better with the striking curve in the middle of the bottom of the loop , by the way i,m talking about your double tealers , not the single ones .forgot to say make tealer eyehole small so that the double knot can,t be pulled through , and the snare wire only needs to be turned around tealer shaft once.