The New Family Portrait..................IMG_8244.jpgFrom the top down

Sauer .243 Classic Synthetic, Zeiss Diavari FFP 30mm 2.5-10 X

50mm PES Mod,

CZ 452 Style .22lr, Leupold 30mm European 3-9 x 50mm

CZ 527 American .22 Hornet with Nikko Diamond 30mm 4-12x56mm...and nice HANDMADE LEATHER sling :whistling: Should take me nicely in to the next decade........The changes represent my first new gun in years, and the first time I have spent proper money on glass...and I like it thumbs.gif

I don't change or buy equipment very often...but I feel the addition of a Hornet to the line up is a change to make the shooting I do more enjoyable and financially sustainable...

The only other planned change I would like to make, is to swap the PES for Lighter moderator, and looked at couple in R. Mcleod's Yesterday....just need to find another £230 quidhmm.gif

Hawke Nite eye for sale 4-12x50 IR AO SR6 angel.gif

Edited by mattydski
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

My latest member to the cabinet.

A 1907 sweedish mauser 6.5x55 supporting a s&b 6 x 42. Looking forward to geting out there and trying it smile.gif

(sorry for the pic, ill get a decent one when my camera works)

post-26122-126799392163_thumb.jpg

JUST GO T MY NEW 243 SO I'LL SENT YOU PICS IN MORNING

howa 243 brown laminte thunb hole stock wi mtc scope and predator mod

and a hundred shells £1300 WOW

howa 1500 .243 s/s laminate thumb hole(£749)

with new mtc taipan scope4-16x50's(£233)

and wildcat predator sound mod (£215)total £1197

post-42286-12681492341_thumb.jpg

post-42286-126814924958_thumb.jpg

post-42286-126814926604_thumb.jpg

Edited by cassshantia

Received my certificate a month ago so got my Winchester model 63 .22 rim fire which l inherited back from my RFD. I also bought an as new Winchester model 70 Ranger in .223 but practising with the rim fire first till l know my stuff.

cheers Callum

post-42309-126834011132_thumb.jpg

post-42309-126834015088_thumb.jpg

post-42309-12683407849_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-45910-126962401989_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my trusty work horse. It is a synthetic Ruger 10/22 .22lr fitted with a sak moderator, bipods and Edgar Brother's scope.

It is used mainly to dispatch urban foxes in traps or at a distance not exceeding 25 yards for a quick and clean dispatch.

The semi-automatic makes it a very useful tool for carrying out dispatching so that if necessary a second shot can be instantaneously placed.

It is extremely lightweight and very quiet using Eley sub-sonic rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.

Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I bought for sensative jobs like caravan parks etc where even a rimmy with subs is too hot.

Image018.jpg

And this is a group shot of the rest of the bunch. Not the best ever

DSCF0157.jpg

some moneys worth there bud ,nice guns.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all am new to this site but it seems very friendly indeed am a member of the BBS as well and although there is some realy great people on the BBS some are a bit how would you say (UP THEM SELVES)any way hello all my name is Paul have been shooting for many years very much like hunting and often go out hunting with just a pair of bino's then one of my rifles and this brings me to my question.

i have seen that a number of shooters on here use a Rem 700 .223 and other calibres i had a Rem 700 sps varmint .223 the one with the vents in the fore end well to say it was a bag of some thing nasty would be an understatement when the sun was good and hot the stock would go like a jelly and accuracy sufered for this in the sun on a bipod you could watch the stock soften up and rest on the barrel

should say at this point that i had bedded mine and floated the barrel all work done by me did not cause the probs it went back to Edgar Bros who took of the stock and replaced it with a PSS version this defeted the object as i loved the look of the Remmy stock

any way sold it on and bought the CZ American .223 IMHO the CZ is a much better rifle accuracy is better the trigger is a joy on the CZ adjusted up the same ammo as used on the rem Rem case ,50g siera soft points,cci small cap, Hogden 4895 powder 28 grns zero at 150 flat out to 235 1/2 low at 300 will never buy another Rem again.

will post pictures of my rifles when work out how to post them through photo bucket.

cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd create a little thread based on members rifles and what they use in the field, I'll pin it to the forum section just out of interest...

Myself I use:

CZ american in .22 with MTC Viper 4-16 x 50 and a sak moderator fitted, also the eric brookes trigger kit with 1.00lb pull spring. Winchester Subs Ammo.

CZ varmint in .17hmr with Hawke 4-12 x 50, ase ultra moderator fitted, also eric brookes trigger kit with 1.50lb pull spring... Hornaday vmax ammo.

Tikka T3 Hunter .243 with swarovski pv 3-12 x 50, predator 8 moderator fitted...Looking at getting a trigger kit soon...Hornaday 58gr vmax moly ammo.

All rifles fitted with Harris SL 6-9" bipods.

Images to follow....

Where would i get a trigger kit from ? Do brooks have there own web site?

• IanB unpinned this topic