Guest knocavoeboy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dillon
I think you have answered most of your thread,  :D

heres one for you then dillon

does it matter where colour is concerned for you quarry seein g your dog for example when ferretting or wiating for a slip on a fox coming out of cover. foxes see in black and white does it matter what colour you dog is.

Personally mate, I wouldn't give a f**k about the dogs colour :good:

I see your point about game noticing them though, stands out like a sore thumb.

personally i like the lighter colours, easier to pick up in the light

we dont do beating here so its not an issue, most of our hunting is done out of the car in paddocks

I really dont like the brindle colour, just a personal thing, and i have to admit i hate the staffy type brindle colour, the sighthound coat is a lot more easier on my eye, but i'd still prefer a different colour

but as has been said, working ability is a lot more important then colour, if i have to get a brindle then so be it...

who gives a feck aslong as they do the job that they are intended for [thats now], but around here 20 yrs back any white ones in a litter would be stuck in a bucket because no one had permision [some still dont :icon_redface: ] and they were classed as a liability, and its also proven that pure white dogs are more likley to be born deaf

i should know about this, i had a pup for 6mths i thought it was just fecking dumb , but it turned out it was deaf :icon_redface:

I'd have to agree with DIsturbed, I like light coloured dogs as they are easier to see here(when we don't stress about being somewhere we shouldn't be). When letting your dog go 200-500 metres away from game that can run faster than your dog and you try to keep them in your sights it makes it alot easier especially on sunset or as the sun is rising. Brindle dogs and fading light plays havoc on your eyes.

Guest Nightwalker
working ability comes first..... :friends:

Working ability doesnt count for much when you get nicked for poaching becuase of how much your dog stands out and the dog then gets confiscated!

if you were poaching at night i think a 1000,000 cp lamp shining field to field would be more noticeable than a white lurcher :yes:

p.s when coursing on the stubbles would you only take a fawn dog i think not :rolleyes:

ability definately comes first in my eyes :)

personally i dont think colour matters that much, i actually like pied coloured dogs or white dogs, i think lucky was right, a blitz or striker flashin about would bring more attention.would i be right in thinking that a more eyecatching dog ie.(white or pied) would be less likely to fall into the hands of dog theives as apposed to the dark dogs and brindles tha all look alike. it was just a thought :good:

i think anybody with normal eyesight could spot a lurcher at a good distance what ever colour it was, i know i could.outlines, shapes, and movement register imediatley with anyone and if someone is watching or looking for someone with a dog the chances are they will spot what they are looking for anyhow.

how often do we spot deer, hares foxes etc at great distances ? all of which are dark in colour.

i think it could be a slight disadvantage (if you dont want to be seen) having a white dog when out at night, but as i said earlier if your out with the lurcher at night your probably lamping and a lamp can be seen from miles away :)

If you want to get so close to quarry why own a dog you might aswell drop some redbull and chase the game yaself slip the dogs from a distance in which the game hasn`t even noticed ya cause your not on top of it no cammo is needed i own no cammo at all :good:

Cammo is only needed in my eyes if your shooting or you need short slips for ya dogs :yahoo: