Guest knocavoeboy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grubygrafter
I think you have answered most of your thread,  :D

heres one for you then dillon

does it matter where colour is concerned for you quarry seein g your dog for example when ferretting or wiating for a slip on a fox coming out of cover. foxes see in black and white does it matter what colour you dog is.

good question i would say that movement sound and scent are the biggest culprits. a well behaved dog ....still and quiet..is more important .although a fox or deer for instance is more likely to spot the movement of a white or black dog than a fawn dog . this is jmo. cs

does colour matter in a lurcher. i am not fond of white lurchers. my rwasons are as follows

they stand out when you are sneaking about.

they stand out when waiting for a slip on the edge of cover out beating

when they make a kill the blood shows up on them more so than any other colour of dog.

also if they see alot of heavy work the scarring shows up more so than any other colour, this gets questions asked by  those you dont want asking questions.

i say sure colour make no difference in ability in lurchers and a white lurcher is usually a fine looking animal but im not fond of them, what do the rest of you think.

i think two r true when your sneaking about your lamp stands out more

waiting for a slip your standing with the dog to

i agree with the blood one and the scarring one and definatley no difference in ability imo

i have a pure white white lurcher and i've took plenty of tackle with him, lamping and daytime and as grubygrafter said scent, sound and movement is probably the main reason we sometimes get detected by the quarry rather than the colour of the dog.

the only problem i have with my dog being white is the blood showing on his coat after a kill, now i carry a couple of gallon of water in the car and some clean cloths or baby wipes just incase ;)

Guest Nightwalker

I would never ever have a white dog or a dog with a lot of white on him because I can think of many times when having a dog that showed up that much would have attracted very unwanted attention, I dont like black dogs for the same reason, give me a brindle or fawn dog every time.

does colour matter in a lurcher. i am not fond of white lurchers. my rwasons are as follows

they stand out when you are sneaking about.

they stand out when waiting for a slip on the edge of cover out beating

when they make a kill the blood shows up on them more so than any other colour of dog.

also if they see alot of heavy work the scarring shows up more so than any other colour, this gets questions asked by  those you dont want asking questions.

i say sure colour make no difference in ability in lurchers and a white lurcher is usually a fine looking animal but im not fond of them, what do the rest of you think.

That red spotted bull cross you showed awhile back was da bomb