FOUND THIS A BIT SAD...

Guest Frank

I've seen videos like that far too many times. I know there are people on here that train greys and i'm sure they do a sterling job, i'm in no way against racing or trainers but its a sad fact that too many are bred every year and just not enough homes out there for the ones that retire or like my lad don't make the track in the first place.

I'd have thought after 4 years of having a grey and being involved in rescue I may have hardened myself a little to the wrongs that go on but i'm a soft cow, some of those pictures never fail to bring a tear to my eye.

Having owned greys I know what marvellous pets they make and it breaks my heart to hear some of the horror stories out there like Rusty. Something really needs to be done about the breeding and then aftercare of these dogs. I know the NGRC has taken some steps but i'm worrying that its just not enough.

Vets are half to blame for this because of the extortionate prices they charge to pts!

I think at vets local to us its around £40 to have a dog PTS ..............Hardly break the bank :no:

I spent a bit of time with a mate going to the local flapping track and its amazing how a greyhound can be winning them £200+ on a gamble one week and the next thing they will be talking of throwing it out :angry: .........Dont get me wrong if the dog has reached the end of its career or is injuired then maybe having it PTS is the best option rather that it been past from pillar to post.

Im not saying all with this statement as i know some very good lads with greyhounds but it does seem to attract the WANKERS and its them that always bring the sport down :thumbdown::(

ATB TOMMY :victory:

Guest Frank

I think im getting soft in my old age, it brought a tear to my eye... :icon_redface:

I am a greyhound racing supporter, love greyhounds, have allways wanted to race them, just never got round to it.

It sickens me to think, some of these dogs, were once champs ect, made their owners a lot of money, then just disposed of, when not needed......