the ideal foxing lurcher??

hello im new to this forum and was just wondering if someone could give us a bit of info on the ideal fox lurcher i do a lot of terrier work on open moorland country and hills with heather and massive bracon banks ...massive areas of land with big rock burrows ...iv always fancied a lurcher to work this type of ground one that would hunt the bracon banks and and heather and also marc burrows for me..... we miss a few foxes every year with being out of range of shot or just missing all to gether......in earth dog running dog issue 161..a good lurcher is in the eye of the beholder....by j darcy he says that the collie greyhound excels in this type of terrain....could anyone help me with the ideal dog .....thankyou ...ben

cheers bud ....its good stamina and a good nose is what im after i have a [bANNED TEXT] that have bull crosses great dogs but iv herd a few people say about the collie greyhounds just wondering if anyone new about them for foxes...because thats all i do

cheers bud ....its good stamina and a good nose is what im after i have a [bANNED TEXT] that have bull crosses great dogs but iv herd a few people say about the collie greyhounds just wondering if anyone new about them for foxes...because thats all i do

ther cracking fox dogs mate ive had a few 3/4 1/4 , 3/8 5/8 n a 1/2 x , they all did fox single handed , i have a young 3/4 grey 1.4 wheaton on at the moment and shes coming on great , but its hard findin the right bred dog pal

ther cracking fox dogs mate ive had a few 3/4 1/4 , 3/8 5/8 n a 1/2 x , they all did fox single handed , i have a young 3/4 grey 1.4 wheaton on at the moment and shes coming on great , but its hard findin the right bred dog pal

cheers bud so you wreckon a 3/4grey1/4 wheaton would be ideal??

How about an Airedale Greyhound? Plenty of nose, hunting instinct, grit, intelligence. They used to be popular many years ago: I wonder if they disappeared just because of changing fashion or was there another reason? I was speaking to someone in Wales last year who said that when he ran them many years ago they were the best for finding/hunting he'd had.

How about an Airedale Greyhound? Plenty of nose, hunting instinct, grit, intelligence. They used to be popular many years ago: I wonder if they disappeared just because of changing fashion or was there another reason? I was speaking to someone in Wales last year who said that when he ran them many years ago they were the best for finding/hunting he'd had.

yeah? thanks for that i dont know much about running dogs so i want to make sure i get the right dog anyone with any pics of thease crosses would be great im hoping to get a pup around mid june time

How about considering a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull bachgen, the speed will be plentifull and bull crosses(given the opportunity) will hunt well, and no need to worry about the bottle for drawing etc, although I may be a bit biased 'cos I love bull crosses and only work theses crosses. Again I saw a Wheaton cross going the other night and he was spot on, game as a pebble. I wish you well, best of luck to you :good::thumbs:

Keg i personally believ wheaton crosses are the best foxing lurcher , i have a pup as stated before and my mates got a 1/2 to 1/2 wheaton greyhound , and into triple figures on foxes pre-ban , yes beny , 3/4 grey 0r 5/8 grey wouuld be good mate ,, sniper

Keg i personally believ wheaton crosses are the best foxing lurcher , i have a pup as stated before and my mates got a 1/2 to 1/2 wheaton greyhound , and into triple figures on foxes pre-ban , yes beny , 3/4 grey 0r 5/8 grey wouuld be good mate ,, sniper

I agree with sniper

here a pic of 1 post-15966-1209317229_thumb.jpg