ferret courts

i everybody,need some advice..i,ve always kept my ferrets in hutches,but next week i,m avin a court built.thing is, i don,t want to put shavings on the floor cause there,l be all over the garden...do you think the ferrets would use a litter tray..ideally i,d like to put bark chippings on the floor, but if they didn,t use the trays,it would be a bit awkward finding the s..t and p..s...cheers .kev...

Does it help to place some of there stools in a litter tray then place in which corner of your court you want them to use ???

Yeap, leave a lil in the right spot and they usually sniff it out.. but do be sure not to leave too much.. funny things ferrets... they wont go there if its too much lol

you can also watch them for a bit when you first put them in... if they go elsewhere.. pick up the mess quick and take it and the ferret to the right corner.. let them have a sniff then... it helps them associate it with the right spot

Edited by lorelei0922
Does it help to place some of there stools in a litter tray then place in which corner of your court you want them to use ???

Yeap, leave a lil in the right spot and they usually sniff it out.. but do be sure not to leave too much.. funny things ferrets... they wont go there if its too much lol

you can also watch them for a bit when you first put them in... if they go elsewhere.. pick up the mess quick and take it and the ferret to the right corner.. let them have a sniff then... it helps them associate it with the right spot

Thanks for that advice will give it a try was wondering how to get the to use a litter tray, it's not like they naturally know what the cat litter is for.

Thanks for that advice will give it a try was wondering how to get the to use a litter tray, it's not like they naturally know what the cat litter is for.

we found it pretty useless to be honest... they just dug in the litter box.. and our hob when we first brought him home... use to sleep in it... poo and all... we use wood chip outside and newspaper laid flat in the house..