GOOD BITCHES

Guest pip

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

credit has to go to lads that contribute,just something iv e noticed when talking to fellas.I must say mostly blacks these are or coloured at least.

My mate got a dog sent over from a well known terrierman from over there somewhere,and he had to phone him and asked what he was supposed to do with it?about 10Ib weight no head,had to politely send it back,as he says"the burrows we re doing that animal could never hold in em.They re pure digging lads let all run just terriermen so boltings no sport for them.

i can only go by myself but it depeds on the bitch i reckon 2 seasons at least,i done it last year cause of the work style of dog and bitch and i needed a pup,not ideal but if i had any doubts about either i would have tried to get one elsewhere.by this stage the bitch in question had 30 odd digs over her,great mose and self entered at 10 months.Now seriousely but I THINK if the bitch quit now ,afetr another season over her and she jacked in her 4 th i would play the pup by ear if it worked well id keep it and if i jhad a slightest incling or doubt about the pups appetite id part.And i honestly think i would go elswhere for other blood.As long as the brood bitch isn t or doesn t jack while being worked reasonably and the pups do then you can go back and try a different mating.If your brood bitch jacks and your pup keeps at it then youi ve a missing link in your ped,HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TOANY OF US BUT I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE PLAN.

I KNOW THAT MY BITCH HAD 2 FULL SEASONS DOING 2 1/2 PLUS HOURS AND NEVER SOUNDED,THERES DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES IM SURE YOUS WILL AGREE.TIGERDOG ASKED A GOOD QUESTION ON A SITE ABOUT WHEN TO BREED OF THE HARD ANIMAL ,THE ONE THATS NEXT DIG COULD BE HIS LAST,WELL???????????????

SHES NOT 4 JUST YET AND HAS JUST FINISHED HER 3RD.

Edited by pip

i don't think you can give a day and a date when to breed from a bitch

depends what her parents,grandparents have done, as importantly what her litter mates have done and again what pups from any previous litter have done.

the sum total of the parts are as important as anything the bitch has done.

also you can go through a season or 2 digging to a dog and never get a good test of them,just easy straight forward digs, it's important to recognise when the dog does get a test and then not pass off faults as "an off day"

once you've bred in faults how are you going to get rid of them?

Bryan

There,s a reason terriers are small and bitches are generally smaller than dog,s : :whistling: Never had the need for a "big " bitch. Strong bitch yes .Always breed from proven dog,s you know ,not hearsay , select what you want and loose the rest.

Talking to a friend last week after his dog had won best terrier. He was saying that 4 people had asked about using the dog to cover their bitches and that not one of them had asked what the dog had done...no wonder there,s crap out there sold as genuine.

Edited by sulurian
There,s a reason terriers are small and bitches are generally smaller than dog,s : :whistling: Never had the need for a "big " bitch. Strong bitch yes .Always breed from proven dog,s you know ,not hearsay , select what you want and loose the rest.

Talking to a friend last week after his dog had won best terrier. He was saying that 4 people had asked about using the dog to cover their bitches and that not one of them had asked what the dog had done...no wonder there,s crap out there sold as genuine.

tTHINK IF YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD WE RE NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT SMALL BITCHES.ITS THESE "TOO"SMALL BITCHES THAT ALSO HAVE A VERY HIGH QUIT RATE.

NOT THAT SIMPLE.

Fair enough , but like I said if boy,s got rid of sh*t and were more selective and honest not to use their own stuff if not up to the job then bitch "quitters" would be less of a problem. Is that more like what you mean?

Fair enough , but like I said if boy,s got rid of sh*t and were more selective and honest not to use their own stuff if not up to the job then bitch "quitters" would be less of a problem. Is that more like what you mean?

Exactley my point,prides the curse of the dog game,if your dog quits rather than admit that your animal out of your breeding ,rearing ,entering working,has not got it they ll breed then next you know something happens the bitch,accident or something.

Or without being too hard maybe they dont have a bitch as well bred or access to such and this is their only option.

I know of a situation where a bitch quit flat out .The lad phoned the fella who bred her and he said breed her,the lad said no way ,he said breed her ,good blood in her?

I don tknow what the factors are that causes bitches to quit or lack in other areas but i do know that while theres a good few decent bitches around theres a real lack of them in comparison to dogs and the availability of good blood is getting less and less.