GOOD BITCHES

Guest pip

TALKING TO A MATE TONIGHT ABOUT GOOD BITCHES,FEW AND FAR BETWEEN,WHATS UP?WHY DO LADS INSIST ON BREEDING OF MEDIOCRE BITCHES YET EXPECT 100% DOGS?

IF THE BITCH IS NT WORKING TO THE SAME STANDARD AS THE DOG WHY BREED?

SOMETIMES ITS HANDY TO HAVE A BITCH OF THE CALIBRE IM ON ABOUT,BUT NOT TO BREED OF IN MY OPINION.

SOME LADS WON T KEEP BITCHES FOR THIS REASON,THAT THEY THINK THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE OF THE SAME WORK AS A MALE.

I RECKON PEOPLE SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON PRODUCING BITCHES CAPABLE OF DOING THE SAME WORK AS A DOG,IF THEY DONT AND YOU NEED THEM FOR YOUR TYPE OF WORK,DON T BREED OF EM.

ANY EXPLANATIONS FOR THIS MIND SET??

Ive always worked with bitches, the first working terrier i bought was a bitch AND a border terrier at that! SO many people told me she would be sh*te, needless to say she proved all the mouthy folk wrong, she's a hardy bitch with alot of heart and would die just to please me, now retired she is sorely missed, but she still gets to go ratting! The two "pups" i have are both bitches and are a hell of alot harder than my mates patterdale X dog. My wee patterdale bitch does lack in size but her heart makes up for that, she's as hard as nails and cocky too, her pal a red Fell is built like a brick sh*t house and is often mistaken for a dog! But im in agreement here if it's crap don't breed, nobody wants a failure!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo was taken 2 years ago when both these dogs had just started.

The rough bitch has just finished her second full season of graft and after a 'reckless' start, she's settled down and is proving very steady and reliable.

The smooth dog went the opposite way, a natural finder (above and below), he looked likely be sommat special at first but grew harder with every sucessive dig. Sadly, he didn't make it.

post-8037-1209414020_thumb.jpg

Wrote a message on this last night but being stupid as i am couldn't work out how to downsize my pics but ive sussed it now! My point was that some bitches are harder than a few of the dogs going around but also that one of my bitches a red Fell terrier is built like a brick sh#t house and is often mistaken for a dog, she's a fiery big bugger not been to ground yet as she is still quite 'puppyish' had plenty of rats to get her in the mind sett though! A photo is attached, this was taken december 07 when she was nearly a year old out ratting in the partridge pens, god knows what she'll look like when she's mature!

post-18452-1209488506.jpg

not a good bitch yet as only a pup but a good sized bitch about 14 inch.hopefull.

Pic032.jpg

the sports safe when there's good bitches about, some nice pic's and a great thread......Shot hows that young bitch breed she reminds me of a terrier bitch ?

Best bitch i ever saw was a amates bitch called Dutch dynamite on evrything , but passed away now from a collapse under ground , he has a bitch and a dog from her 15 months ish and coming on well ,, SNIPER

hunting001zy9.jpg

The bitch on the left is one of the strongest bitches ive owned .Started off very hard ,got a few medals ,then steadied down at the age of five years !The bitch on the right is waiting to see something yet but has developed the bad habit of marking a hole vocally but not wanting to enter .Its immaturity and will hopefully be ironed out by next season .She is also a strong bitch ,as it should be .

Im no expert but i reckon fellas have developed a lower standard for bitches,therefore expecting less therefore accepting less,now we re dealing with the outcome.A fella was telling me that he had a 100% standard for dogs yet only used bitches for "light "work,i was later to find out that the bitches where choosing the work themselves not him choosing for bitches.My mate was on the phone to a well known welsh terrierman and the welsh lad couldn t believe that his best animals where female,infact he put him over it a few times .The way i see it is stop breeding from mediocre bitches and we ll all reduce the chances of producing mediocre bitches.

With regards to size i don t have a clue why the size of females seem to be suffering except maybe because of the lower stancard of work females are being used for fellas are finding smaller bitches handy and breeding off what they have. :hmm:

TALKING TO A MATE TONIGHT ABOUT GOOD BITCHES,FEW AND FAR BETWEEN,WHATS UP?WHY DO LADS INSIST ON BREEDING OF MEDIOCRE BITCHES YET EXPECT 100% DOGS?

IF THE BITCH IS NT WORKING TO THE SAME STANDARD AS THE DOG WHY BREED?

ANY EXPLANATIONS FOR THIS MIND SET??

Pip I have noticed over the yrs the decline in the quality of bitches in N S & Nuttal lines. I have spoken to a few good digging men who keep these lines and most said the same. THEY CANT GET DECENT STRONG DIGGING BITCHES FROM THESE LINES. Over the yrs I have bred good strong dogs but never get strong bitchs most come small, and very few make 100%. WHY SHOULD THAT BE.

If you breed tight for long enough, the females size will decrease.

A friend has racing pigeons and by breeding close he can get the cock birds nigh on perfect, peas in a pod. But the hens get smaller & smaller each breeding.