is a pup out of this classed as a lurcher??????????

Guest markbrick1

Guest markbrick1
mark dont bust a blood vessel i am not going anywhere ... you confuse feck out of me and i was after clarification of how you worked 2 dogs running alongside a truck ... however i now understand that one works while the other one drives LOL ............

ok,i need someone as clever as tomo to explain :wallbash: these computers,me with words it never comes across as i mean it to sound :clapper::clapper::clapper: mark

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mark dont bust a blood vessel i am not going anywhere ... you confuse feck out of me and i was after clarification of how you worked 2 dogs running alongside a truck ... however i now understand that one works while the other one drives LOL ............

only just come back on for a few mins, :clapper::clapper: fecking class (the other one drives) :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

[the dogs at lurcher shows are called lurchers but are generaly mainly greyhound blooded.this is ok for running in races .but usaully hunting wise they are not up to it .over the years i have had lots of dogs .when courseing three quarter dogs are faster away than hailf bred but in a few hundred yds a good hailf bred will overtake the three quarter.also most three quarter bred will not enter deep cover bramble bushes etc also thier pads are thinner thier bone and general chasshis is not robust enough.most lurchers at shows are mainly long dog blood .and are ok for light lamping only.a lot of people will disagree but after 38 years of hunting i can be confident that the only really good lurchers are colliex greyhound germanshepherd xgreyhound labradorx geyhound or hailf bred crosses of a similar nature .when a hailf bred is loseing its speed it is still of use as a bushing dog or gun dog when a speed machine ages it is no good for anything else.also compareing the brains of a three quater bred .to a hailf bred .is like compareing a 3 year old child to a 8 year old child.do not also fall for the old chestnut about a dog being to heavy boned that is just gypsy nonsense .some top class coursing greyhounds weigh 85 to 90 pounds.a good 27 inch first cross will weigh at least 75 lbs /the wastage rate of hailf cross pups bred for coursing is very high but if the right one is selected it will retreive work thick cover work the gun course lamp and guard.and work ferrets and the long net.three qurter bred will not be able to chase as long as a hailf bred as they just have not got the stamina.gg.battams alias trilegarde

[the dogs at lurcher shows are called lurchers but are generaly mainly greyhound blooded.this is ok for running in races .but usaully hunting wise they are not up to it .over the years i have had lots of dogs .when courseing three quarter dogs are faster away than hailf bred but in a few hundred yds a good hailf bred will overtake the three quarter.also most three quarter bred will not enter deep cover bramble bushes etc also thier pads are thinner thier bone and general chasshis is not robust enough.most lurchers at shows are mainly long dog blood .and are ok for light lamping only.a lot of people will disagree but after 38 years of hunting i can be confident that the only really good lurchers are colliex greyhound germanshepherd xgreyhound labradorx geyhound or hailf bred crosses of a similar nature .when a hailf bred is loseing its speed it is still of use as a bushing dog or gun dog when a speed machine ages it is no good for anything else.also compareing the brains of a three quater bred .to a hailf bred .is like compareing a 3 year old child to a 8 year old child.do not also fall for the old chestnut about a dog being to heavy boned that is just gypsy nonsense .some top class coursing greyhounds weigh 85 to 90 pounds.a good 27 inch first cross will weigh at least 75 lbs /the wastage rate of hailf cross pups bred for coursing is very high but if the right one is selected it will retreive work thick cover work the gun course lamp and guard.and work ferrets and the long net.three qurter bred will not be able to chase as long as a hailf bred as they just have not got the stamina.gg.battams alias trilegarde

feck me a new nutter :laugh: first cross labrador greyhound ... yep a popular all round lurcher that one :laugh::laugh::laugh: ..............

Guest markbrick1

:icon_eek::doh::doh::doh: mark,is this tomo ;) mark

is it feck mark , theres a lot of noncense in that post . german shepard cross coursing , do me a favour :no:

when fast dogs slow down as they get older , they are then as fast as the slow dogs were

and just cos a dog is fast , doesnt mean it aint got brains

Feck me mark.....you start some gooduns! :)

The original question: I'd call them a sighthound, but accept they are commonly thought of as Lurchers.

Would it piss me off at a lurcher race: Well, its a sad state of affairs but a large proportion of the lurchers at shows / race events, have been bred with these very events in mind, and then the claims they are working dogs too is banded around by the owners.......Whatever! .......... :wacko: .

You see folk turn up in kitted out vans, kennels inside, holding several different size lurchers, one for each event......to spread the winnings / increase the rossette odds........the dogs are normally well kept.........but kept for these events :)

So it doesnt piss me off, it is racing, and by the nature of it you need fast dogs to win.....end of story,.........just take comfort if your actual "Lurcher" wins........thats how i look at it :)..........and Ive seen a well bed collie grey (at around 3/8 collie) piss on these race bred show stock.....Proof that good breeding in a lurcher from the greyhound lines is key....if the dogs throws that way ;)

As for what consitiutes a lurcher, If you have to place a percent or fraction to it, then anything more than 7/8 running dog (sighthound based) to me cant be classed as a lurcher..........however we all know dogs vary, so as long as its catching.....thats all that counts :)

Edited by tia.kins
Guest markbrick1
mark, if you reckon youre collie greyhound beats em anyway, why are you worried

it was put up for peoples oppinion on do they class a dog with so much greyhound whippet blood in it as lurchers,i dont care cause if i bought one of these pups and it lost to a collie gh :icon_eek::icon_eek: i would be a bit peed,i love a winde up,in my oppinion for what little i know there not lurchers

In answer to your origanal queerie i would call them long dogs ! But further you do have an uncanny habit of starting argumental threads normally with your self i further believe you were not a bricklayer but are a retired foreign diplomat (probrably midle east) :gunsmilie:

boys and girls i couldnt care less what cross it is as long as it catch rabbits and for catching rabbits a fast dog catch diffrent to a slow dog but they still catch.

they are long dogs but its still a running dog so who cares and my lurchers wouldnt run in a race a less there was a rabbit running

In answer to your origanal queerie i would call them long dogs ! But further you do have an uncanny habit of starting argumental threads normally with your self i further believe you were not a bricklayer but are a retired foreign diplomat (probrably midle east) :gunsmilie:

..........lol..... :clapper:

MARKBRICK..........the war starter :gunsmilie:

fecking great!! :tongue2: