is a pup out of this classed as a lurcher??????????

Guest markbrick1

Guest markbrick1
MARK YOU SEEM TO BE THE ONLY PERSON WHO,S BOTHERED.

not really :wallbash: its a straight question would people on here class the above as a lurcher yes are no,and mike so in a way youre saying lighter the frame the more stamina??????????????iam not talking about speed,stamina,if thats what youre saying i have to disagree,mark

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do i keep repeating my self to you. i already said i concider them lurchers, just like yours.

i said this earlier if yours had a smoth coat , it would be a racing dog.

any way what is the actual piont of this thread ??????????

are you saying that lurcher racing should be for what you concider lurchers to be. eg, colie x , beddy x, ect ,ect .

cos if this is what you mean , you will be suspicouse of evry smooth coated speedy looking dog .

AND IF THEY DO BAN THE GREY/WHIPPS. FROM ENTERING RACING , AND ONLY ALOW "LURCHERS" THEN YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BRAG ON HERE HOW GOOD YOUR DOGS ARE COS THEY KEEP BEATING THESE PURPOUSE BRED RACERS.

YES FECK IT BAN THE WHIPP/GREYS :clapper:

Guest markbrick1

i couldnt give a feck what they race i dont do the shows now,again all i asked was :wallbash: is the pedigree on page 1 nu1 a lurcher are not,you answered yes because in youre eyes whippet greyhounds are lurchers....thats ok with me i have no problem with youre thoughts i :notworthy: t only a fecking question i wanted an answer on,........................but the pedigree on page 1 works out 85%greyhound 15% whippet all line bred racing dogs,i dont class it as a lurcher as ive said before,but we all have our thoughts and preferances on lurchers

the above breeding was both parents............the pups are so called going to win the lurcher racing then 4 are 5 yrs old they feck em of and get new again,just to race at shows its gone mad,but i love it

well if thats what they into they wnat the best for that

Guest markbrick1

and the main reason i was peed on this last year was,i couldnt race my bitch at non ped tracks cause she was a rough coat and in there eyes not a non ped,i couldnt race her at whippet tracks as she wasnt a whippet,but they can race there ped whippets at lurcher shows as some said they were lurchers :laugh::laugh::laugh: 3 generations ago the mother was a rough lurcher :laugh: thats all they need to say,and non peds can and do race at lurcher shows i say one for all are not at all,mark

hi mark , in reply to the question you've posted , my dogs are predominatly greyhound , being 7/8th grey x 1/8 collie , and i , recognise them as lurchers , in that , yes they race at summer shows , to a fair degree, they are also very good working dogs aswell , as for that amount of pure bred blood not having any stamina , ( and im not having a go , just my opinion ) could your dog trot for around 5>6 mls 3 times a week @ 15mls / hr , id have my doubts , yes your dogs ( which nobody disagrees with are very good working dogs ) but would they have the same amount of stamina as , my , near pure breds have , i doubt it , so just because they have that much , pure bred blood , does'nt make them any less a lurcher , than say your own dogs ,

yours in sport dennned

p.s most people have their own opinions on these matters, but it's good to read your opinions too.

Guest markbrick1

hi denned,hope your well,thats what a forum is about oppinions and advice :thumbs: to youre question about them troting behind a car 5 to 6 miles a day 15 mile an hr,no problem mate,a couple on here have lamped with mine and lately iam driving the corn fields with all the new laid corn down i drive 10 to 12 miles with the dogs trotting at the side and i catch a lot of rabbits to only time they get in the landi is to have a drink are when we cross a road,mark

and the main reason i was peed on this last year was,i couldnt race my bitch at non ped tracks cause she was a rough coat and in there eyes not a non ped,i couldnt race her at whippet tracks as she wasnt a whippet,but they can race there ped whippets at lurcher shows as some said they were lurchers :laugh::laugh::laugh: 3 generations ago the mother was a rough lurcher :laugh: thats all they need to say,and non peds can and do race at lurcher shows i say one for all are not at all,mark

I think it says in the whippet racing rules mark that your dog must resemble a whippet so if you shaved its long coat off then it would :whistling:

I would consider the pups from such a union as a longdog as opposed to a lurcher and before the Saluki came on the scene in a big way the whip/grey was considered a good example of a coursing dog and still are on certain terrain, but a cross that contains no base blood outside of the sighthounds is a longdog IMO,

as for the racing side of it ,

I can`t see the point in breeding a complex cross breed to race for a rosette at a country show when there are plenty of greyhound and whippet tracks about, so get a dog that was bred for the job and compete against the others of similar breeding as in my view lurcher racing can never be fair as their are to many variations in the crosses to compete on equal terms, at least whippets and greys are either raced in a grade or off a handicap, and not judged on size what the hell does size at the shoulder matter I would say a St bernard would struggle against a whippet over 150yds so the height at the shoulder is not a great way to handicap dogs ,

mother to my pups 7 was her limited the aunty 8 maybe

if i owned a dog that could only manage 7 or 8 rabbits in a night i would have shot it never mind bred a litter from it .........

a couple on here have lamped with mine and lately iam driving the corn fields with all the new laid corn down i drive 10 to 12 miles with the dogs trotting at the side and i catch a lot of rabbits to only time they get in the landi is to have a drink are when we cross a road,mark

so you are running your dogs doubled up on the lamp then mark ......................

hi denned,hope your well,thats what a forum is about oppinions and advice :thumbs: to youre question about them troting behind a car 5 to 6 miles a day 15 mile an hr,no problem mate,a couple on here have lamped with mine and lately iam driving the corn fields with all the new laid corn down i drive 10 to 12 miles with the dogs trotting at the side and i catch a lot of rabbits to only time they get in the landi is to have a drink are when we cross a road,mark

well i take it back , lots of other owners problems , are that the dogs are'nt fit enough , thats all , but yes im fine , not been on for a week or more , computer had problems , but we'll keep in touch

cheers mark yours in sport dennned

Guest markbrick1

socks no i dont run my dogs doubled up,at the end of the night they might do a few doubled up,like you i hace a lot of ground and last night i covered a hell of a distance with my black bitch and at the end of the night walked a few fields with my brindle...........now to the shooting of a dog that could only do 6 are 7 rabbits then she was knackered i agree partly??????????but if i had i wouldnt have the dogs i have now and they can do the buisness so in that youre wrong,mark

as for the breeding then there must have been a fair bit of luck or the sire brought all the good genes to the litter ...... if you have 2 dogs runing alongside your truck then how dont you run them doubled up ??? ........

Guest markbrick1
as for the breeding then there must have been a fair bit of luck or the sire brought all the good genes to the litter ...... if you have 2 dogs runing alongside your truck then how dont you run them doubled up ??? ........
ok in the figure of speach i should of wrote differant using singuler words in stead of plural but i dont run them on rabbits doubled up,except at the end of the night sometimes................and luck with the breeding :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: give me some credit for fecks sake