new Invention

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest steve i would rather dig that bit farther, i try to be more respectful of the rabbit and trying to extract them with barbed wire seems a bit hit or miss and even callous in my humble opinion, and furthermore giving these ideas to younger members of the forum isn't setting a good example, my opinion only i maybe wrong. :good:

Yes my thoughts exactly doesn't quite seem right to wind a piece of barbed wire in a rabbits fur, vermin or not.

sorry Stubby

Edited by leegreen

Im amazed at how many people have presumed I cut wire from a fence, if read correctly, I said you would have too, NOT that I did,

the dvd, was called longnetting vol 1,2, & 3, I'll look for more details later

Guest Magwitch
Im amazed at how many people have presumed I cut wire from a fence, if read correctly, I said you would have too, NOT that I did,

the idea of extracting rabbits was good the barbed wire i am not so sure, but here's the Mk2 version user and rabbit friendly. :thumbs:

alot of arguing on this little thread :clapper: the barb wire trick does work :thumbs: but usualy on the ones that are dead.

thought to my self a few times to carry a bit round with me, but usualy just get it from the nearest fence.

Now befor you lot stone me :tongue2: i get a bit thats surplas to requirments, i dont go hacking the farmers fence to bits . theres usualy a spare bit , thats either going rusty, and a new bit in place , but the old stuff aint been removed.

now im sure on masterhunters adverts he has somthing he calls twisters , which i presume to be somthing along similar lines

the idea of extracting rabbits was good the barbed wire i am not so sure, but here's the Mk2 version user and rabbit friendly. :thumbs:

classic :clapper: i think people read to much into this ferreting game it rarely works unless like somebody else said there dead ,its another thing to carry around .went to ferret with a friend last year when he opened the back of his 4x4 it looked like a aid vechile going to a 3rd world country not a days ferreting

alot of arguing on this little thread :clapper: the barb wire trick does work :thumbs: but usualy on the ones that are dead.

thought to my self a few times to carry a bit round with me, but usualy just get it from the nearest fence.

Now befor you lot stone me :tongue2: i get a bit thats surplas to requirments, i dont go hacking the farmers fence to bits . theres usualy a spare bit , thats either going rusty, and a new bit in place , but the old stuff aint been removed.

now im sure on masterhunters adverts he has somthing he calls twisters , which i presume to be somthing along similar lines

at last, someone not biting my head off :good:

thinking back to the dvd, yup they were dead one's he was pulling out, so maybe I got the wrong end of the stick on it's use :icon_redface:

and magwitch :clapper:

Where do you toe the line with all the extra's you take??? .My favourite type of ferreting is a few nets or the shotgun and a ferret and keep moving and if a ferret gets a couple of rabbits in a dead end or a rabbit moves as you break into the tube i use a bramble and just leave a few thorns on the last six inches or a stick .But i only use them to check theres a rabbit there by getting a bit of hair on the stick or the brambles them i will dig a bit more and pull the rabbit out .The old barbwire trick was best used when liner ferrets where in use but i think its rarely used today